mail.app - invisible posts

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
folks,

there is an odd behavior in my mail.app, which i can't manage to understand.

Well, the situation is:

1. i have 4 individual accounts.

2. "automatic moving spam into spam folder" is activated since a couple of months - and that works stunning well for me.

Actually, the devoted spam folder, (where mail.app puts all the spam into) shows me the amount of spam mails. I assume that this is the correct amount of spam, because i can monitor them while downloading. But when i am going to browse through the spam folder, i can not see the mails. Either they became unvisible or unaccessable. BUT!!! This is only true for one account. My three other accounts show all the spam mails, which i can touch, drag and move around. Any explanations here?

best

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    Do you have a folder designated as the Junk Mail folder for that account? Mailbox->Use This Folder For...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Is it possible that the one account simply hasn't received any spam, while the other three have?

I'm not sure if you're saying that you've monitored junk mail specifically going into that specific account's sub-folder under the junk mail folder, or if you've just monitored the general flow of junk mail from all accounts into the top level junk mail folder.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Is it possible that the one account simply hasn't received any spam, while the other three have?

no.

Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I'm not sure if you're saying that you've monitored junk mail specifically going into that specific account's sub-folder under the junk mail folder, or if you've just monitored the general flow of junk mail from all accounts into the top level junk mail folder.

That is quite a question I'd say i have monitored the general flow of junk mail from all accounts into the top junk folder. Hm.

Well, I've put a pic inside the post to illustrate the issue. (werbung=junk mail). Junk mail counts 4. If i click uwe (2) actually i can see 2 mails, which mail.app automatically put into the junk mail folder. If i click info (2), i simply can't see anything. Hope that helped to clarify.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

Do you have a folder designated as the Junk Mail folder for that account? Mailbox->Use This Folder For...

I am using the default setting. "Automatic junk mail recognition" is active, so mail.app created one particular junk mail folder, where the app puts all the spam from all accounts into. Does that answer your question?

Or do you want to know IF i have created and designated another folder than the default junk folder AS another junk folder?

As far as i know mail.app creates just one generall junk mail folder, where the app puts all the junk from any account into, no?

best