Something funny worked its way into my inbox.

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Ooooh, the dead baby conga line!

See what comes of discussing the thermodynamics of hell?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Ooooh, the dead baby conga line!

See what comes of discussing the thermodynamics of hell?

Right! Well I think we've probably managed to deeply offend somebody by now so I'll just apologise on both our behalfs (hope you don't mind).

[Ahem]

addabox and I would like to offer our sincerest apologies to any believers we may have offended while taking the piss out of Limbo. We're sure god is a really nice guy once you get to know him.

OK. That's done. Moving right along.......Time to do the dirt on Purgatory!
  • Reply 43 of 44
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Actually I'm a little vague on the particulars of Catholic after life.

Is Purgatory the deal where you do your time and then get to move on up?
  • Reply 44 of 44
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Actually I'm a little vague on the particulars of Catholic after life.

Is Purgatory the deal where you do your time and then get to move on up?

It's been a while since the Catholic Church got to mess around with my head and I wanted to get this right in case Existence started to throw some serious arguments at me. So, this definition is brought to you by the Catholic Encyclopaedia and the letter P:

Quote:

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.

But I stumbled upon this stuff about Limbo while I was at it. Turns out there's several levels.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-i...formation.html

Seems like there are some really interesting people hanging out in Limbo. And you guys (well the heterosexual ones anyway) have got it made if you end up in Level 2. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy. Ooooh la la.

Hell (!) who wouldn't want to end up where the lustful are spending eternity!