S.Korean murdered.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The terrorists struck again.

these bastards need to be rounded up and killed, hate to say it but if we dont kill the terrorists there, they will kill us HERE.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 72
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i just want to cry. Kim Sun-il was a translator, not a soldier. revenge doesn't do any good, it just turns us into equal savages. what does remedy the situation? maybe a well-educated world populous and an absense of religion? mere speculation i suppose
  • Reply 2 of 72
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It's not revenge. These people wont stop so they need to be stopped.
  • Reply 3 of 72
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

It's not revenge. These people wont stop so they need to be stopped.

Absolutely right, if we stop fighting them, they will come here, if we leave now then next week it may be a banker in Chicago or a loading dock night clerck in indianapolois.
  • Reply 4 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Absolutely right, if we stop fighting them, they will come here, if we leave now then next week it may be a banker in Chicago or a loading dock night clerck in indianapolois.

i'm not sure about this. i think they are upset because they feel we are westernizing their home countries...i don't think they have their eye on world domination. furthermore, it seems like our foreign policy only encourages more terrorism and does very little to quelch any.
  • Reply 5 of 72
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Bankers in Chicago and loading dock night clerks in Indianapolis are already being killed on a daily basis by our own home-grown bad guys. I hope you get this angry over every domestic murder in the US.

I understand ya'll's desire to go and hunt down and kill the bad guys, but it's important to remember that hunting them down and killing them presupposes that there is a finite number of them. There isn't. And hunting them down and killing them just makes more.

There needs to be a better way, or we will all be living in Jerusalem or Belfast. At any rate, we're all wearing the blue dress now.
  • Reply 6 of 72
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This is really sad.

I expect there is an even for this man, and a hell for his butchers
  • Reply 7 of 72
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Bankers in Chicago and loading dock night clerks in Indianapolis are already being killed on a daily basis by our own home-grown bad guys. I hope you get this angry over every domestic murder in the US.

I understand ya'll's desire to go and hunt down and kill the bad guys, but it's important to remember that hunting them down and killing them presupposes that there is a finite number of them. There isn't. And hunting them down and killing them just makes more.

There needs to be a better way, or we will all be living in Jerusalem or Belfast. At any rate, we're all wearing the blue dress now.

Each murder creates a 1000 more neocons.
  • Reply 8 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Each murder creates a 1000 more neocons.

Not really. A hawk is not a neo-con, and most of the folks who buy into the hawkish rhetoric don't necessarily have the ideological underpinnings that govern neo-con thought on foreign policy.

Regardless. I'd say that each murder produces 1000 more redneck responses that will, quite simply, get more people killed.
  • Reply 9 of 72
    does anyone care about the 9,000 - 11,000 iraqi civilians that have been murdered? oh, i'm sorry, "collateral damage"
  • Reply 10 of 72
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

A hawk is not a neo-con, and most of the folks who buy into the hawkish rhetoric don't necessarily have the ideological underpinnings that govern neo-con thought on foreign policy.

Or even know about it.
  • Reply 11 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

does anyone care about the 9,000 - 11,000 iraqi civilians that have been murdered? oh, i'm sorry, "collateral damage"

They weren't killed/murdered/collaterally damaged. They were "liberated."

And I'd argue that no, no one really seems to care. At least in the US. There are no reports on the numbers of civilian casualties. Every claim that civilians have been killed is questioned. I believe that, in the middle of the war, we officially stopped counting Iraqi dead.

And if you bring it up, you're labeled as an America hater who doesn't care about the 3,000 people who died in the WTC. Which had nothing to do with Iraq.

Harumph. I'm becoming increasingly convinced we might just have us another civil war soon.
  • Reply 12 of 72
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    To say that killing the individuals and groups who are doing this sort of thing will create more terrorists is partially true. It needs to be recognized that there will always be a number of these groups throughout the world. Once we realize that this is a reality we can see that not keeping them under our thumb is the absolute worst thing to do (for the world).

If I live down a street where a murderer also lives and I choose not to do anything because he leaves my family and I alone then I am alowing this behavior to occur and by doing so should take partial responsibility. Living in fear or turning your back to this sort of behavior is irresponsible and never solves anything.

I think we all see the problems in the world right now. Identifying the problem is easy but constantly falling back on these excuses that "We wouldent be in this mess if"...And "Things would be different if"...If we as a society have something to contribute in the way of a solution then speak up. I dont disagree that there are problems with the way we are handling terrorism but I dont keep bashing the people who are actually doing something about it.

I feel horrible about the slaying man and if there is a hell these murderers will almost certainly burn there.
  • Reply 13 of 72
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

And I'd argue that no, no one really seems to care. At least in the US. There are no reports on the numbers of civilian casualties. Every claim that civilians have been killed is questioned. I believe that, in the middle of the war, we officially stopped counting Iraqi dead.

...and you never hear from anyone of Saddam's personal accountability for leading his people to this unfortunate state.

Quote:

And if you bring it up, you're labeled as an America hater who doesn't care about the 3,000 people who died in the WTC. Which had nothing to do with Iraq.

There is also the more apt explanation that the shoe simply "fits", regardless of your bringing it up or not.
  • Reply 14 of 72
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

i'm not sure about this. i think they are upset because they feel we are westernizing their home countries...i don't think they have their eye on world domination.

Anyone who thinks radical Islamists aren't bent on world domination hasn't been paying attention. The whole idea is to create a grand Islamic superstate that can rival the US and other world powers, attain WMDs and then slowly and eventually conquer the world from there.
  • Reply 15 of 72
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Please note I'm talking about "radical Islamists" and not Muslims or disgruntled Iraqis. And yes, these nutbars believe that this scenario is actually possible.
  • Reply 16 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

...and you never hear from anyone of Saddam's personal accountability for leading his people to this unfortunate state.

That would be because he has no bearing on whether or not we count Iraqi dead.

Quote:

There is also the more apt explanation that the shoe simply "fits", regardless of your bringing it up or not. [/B]

What shoe? Fits who? Please be explicit and say what you mean without hiding behind a metaphor.
  • Reply 17 of 72
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

That would be because he has no bearing on whether or not we count Iraqi dead.

He did lead a country into war, however. I guess that doesn't count.

Quote:

What shoe? Fits who? Please be explicit and say what you mean without hiding behind a metaphor.

Captain Obvious, paging Captain Obvious, aisle 9...

You shouldn't be so upset when someone cleverly replaces your strawman for another. Settle.
  • Reply 18 of 72
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Ugh, no we don't. No life is more precious than an American life.

That my friend is the Wal-martian belief.
  • Reply 19 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

He did lead a country into war, however. I guess that doesn't count.

No. He defended his country from an invading force. Whether that invasion was justified is another matter all together. We invaded him. Not the other way around, and his army did what it was paid to do.

Quote:

Captain Obvious, paging Captain Obvious, aisle 9...

You shouldn't be so upset when someone cleverly replaces your strawman for another. Settle.

I wasn't upset. I simply asked you to state what you mean rather than use a metaphor. I'm still waiting for an explicit statement of what you meant by "if the shoe fits."
  • Reply 20 of 72
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Actually, on the matter of shoes that fit, I'm curious too.

What are you saying, Randycat? Please be explicit.