YET AGAIN: CIA insider comes out swinging against war on terror as well as Iraq war

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

GOOGLE: lotsOlinks

An active top member of the CIA has written a book which says, unsurprisingly, that the manner in which we are fighting the WOT is bad, wrong and will leave the US in real danger. He also says, completely unsurprisingly, that the war on Iraq was wrong and a bad idea . . .

Gee . . . whoda thunk?

From an article:
Quote:

"I wrote it because I think America is in trouble," he said. "We have not yet appreciated the dimensions of the problem or the size of the problem."

He also slams the war in Iraq, calling it "an avaricious, premeditated, unprovoked war against a foe who posed no immediate threat."

This guy is not a nobody, he is a 22 year veteran he once headed the hunt for OBL.

He states clearly that the war in Iraq is terrible for the WOT as it is creating a universal hatred of the US, drumming up recruits . . . .

Gee . . . whoda thunk?!

{once again, he] says the war in Iraq is:
Quote:

"an avaricious, premeditated, unprovoked war against a foe who posed no immediate threat."

*[I]hmmm?! . . . I wonder if this man's professional capacity gives him any insight into thinking such thoughts?!?!

{EDIT: such a good quote, I thought I'd cite it twice!!]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Rove's character assassination squad must be getting tired by now.

Those boys deserve some overtime pay.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm wondering why you didn't post that news item about Putin passing information to the US right after 9/11 that Iraq wanted to attack the US? I'll blame AshKKKroft!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I wonder how many CIA officials have written books concerning their jobs while they were still on the job.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Is there a mosquito in here?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'm wondering why you didn't post that news item about Putin passing information to the US right after 9/11 that Iraq wanted to attack the US? I'll blame AshKKKroft!

Ah, yes, the russians. According to you they corrupted the UN, wanted to fund saddam as soon as the war was over and were spying for saddam, Yet now you embrace clearly calculated statements. I'm sure Putin made his statement just because he's a swell guy. Nothing political, I'm sure.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I want to read this book, I like this guys vocabulary.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    But wait.....there's more!

Go to this site, and/or watch the documentary.

The trailer is a short d/l (broadband).

http://www.truthuncovered.com/

If you haven't already seen it, there's a veritable smorgasbord of senior military and intelligence personnel railing against the Iraq war, it's raison(s) d'etre(s), its execution, and its deleterious effect on future US national security.