Powerbooks in WWDC

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What do you think will change in the Powerbooks after WWDC? i want to order a Powerbook soon for College, decided to wait till after WWDC to order.

Will these changes take affect immediatly? so I can order it.. say July 2nd

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djmb

What do you think will change in the Powerbooks after WWDC? i want to order a Powerbook soon for College, decided to wait till after WWDC to order.

Will these changes take affect immediatly? so I can order it.. say July 2nd

If come Monday the sky doesn't fall, order your PowerBook and enjoy.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    The PowerBooks were just updated not too long ago. If you need one soon, you might as well order now because they aren't going to be updated again for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    djmbdjmb Posts: 120member
    no i dont need it too soon, i definetely need it before september, for college

thats why im willing to wait till after WWDC, to hope that maybe something new will come out

i dont care too much about the 12' since i believe that will be way too small for me, im lookin at the 15'
  • Reply 4 of 17
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    just get one @ the AppleStore for education now; I think any glimmers for a G5 PowerBook before next spring have disappeared.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:

thats why im willing to wait till after WWDC, to hope that maybe something new will come out

i dont care too much about the 12' since i believe that will be way too small for me, im lookin at the 15'

<drools while thinking about a 12' (foot) powerbook.>
  • Reply 6 of 17
    damn the standard
  • Reply 7 of 17
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I've heard whispers that the e600 might make it into the PowerBook soon. Don't know about WWDC though.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I've heard whispers that the e600 might make it into the PowerBook soon. Don't know about WWDC though.

We repeat: The Powerbook was just updated!
  • Reply 9 of 17
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

I guess it doesn't hurt to wait, but this is sort of like cancelling a car you were going to buy and waiting a few more days just in they might come out with those hover cars that you don't want to miss out on.

Updated PowerBooks coming out next week is only slightly more likely than general production consumer flying cars coming out next week.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    the wizthe wiz Posts: 28member
    The Powerbooks were just updated? You make it sound like last week when it was over two months ago. Nevertheless, I wouldn't count on any Powerbooks at WWDC.

HOWEVER, you said you don't need it until september. By then they'll be due for an update. But there really is no point in torturing yourself for months and months for something that will make your web browser open 4 seconds faster But if you are in no need of one right now and aren't actually going to do much with it till sept anyway, you might want to wait. just a suggestion..
  • Reply 11 of 17
    yea ill just wait, ya never know what may come, maybe no new powerbooks but maybe pricecuts or promotions, who knows.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Wiz

The Powerbooks were just updated? You make it sound like last week when it was over two months ago.

Apple certainly doesn't update PowerBooks twice a quarter, short of a defect. Two months is not a long time. You won't see anything for PowerBooks until August at the earliest. Assuming they will announce early (tail end of Q3) and ship late, as usual.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Apple certainly doesn't update PowerBooks twice a quarter, short of a defect. Two months is not a long time. You won't see anything for PowerBooks until August at the earliest. Assuming they will announce early (tail end of Q3) and ship late, as usual.

But they have added models within that short of a period (e.g. 12" & 17".) But even then I doubt that there will be a new Powerbook this soon.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I guess it doesn't hurt to wait, but this is sort of like cancelling a car you were going to buy and waiting a few more days just in they might come out with those hover cars that you don't want to miss out on.

Updated PowerBooks coming out next week is only slightly more likely than general production consumer flying cars coming out next week.

I knew that was you before I even looked at the name!
  • Reply 15 of 17
    d3ctd3ct Posts: 56member
    isnt tiger going to come out? or are they just showing it off at WWDC? it would be great if they release it cuz i am also getting a powerbook soon and am waiting until WWDC is over hoping that there will be Some type of update, software/hardware, anything! hopefuly my wait is worth it...

will tiger come installed standard on the systems after wwdc?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D3ct

isnt tiger going to come out? or are they just showing it off at WWDC? it would be great if they release it cuz i am also getting a powerbook soon and am waiting until WWDC is over hoping that there will be Some type of update, software/hardware, anything! hopefuly my wait is worth it...

will tiger come installed standard on the systems after wwdc?

Definitely not. Tiger will most likely be released in mid-to-late fall (i.e. late October). Steve will demonstrate a developer preview of Tiger (a.k.a. beta-stage).
  • Reply 17 of 17
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

Definitely not. Tiger will most likely be released in mid-to-late fall (i.e. late October). Steve will demonstrate a developer preview of Tiger (a.k.a. beta-stage).

True, the developers need it because the g5 users will want 64-bit photoshop for the natively 64-bit OS