BUSH is reaching to NATO

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I think that that is a good thing . . . . just want that on record that I like an action that he is doing!

I'll forgo all the shoulda, coulda, shouldas . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Bush is reaching for NATO. Big difference.

You reach out to someone first, as a gesture of earnest cooperation, before the damage is done, not after.

You reach for someone as an afterthought or out of desperation or to save face or to pawn off the problem to someone else, or all of the above.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Who knew for and to could be so nuanced?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Who knew for and to could be so nuanced?

Hey, I'm for Bush pawning this crap off onto NATO, etc... But I also know that its just being done so he can say a year from now "We left it in good shape but NATO let it fall apart"...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Hey, I'm for Bush pawning this crap off onto NATO, etc... But I also know that its just being done so he can say a year from now "We left it in good shape but NATO let it fall apart"...

Who cares if Bush brings in NATO or not. NATO is just a military-alliance with West-Europe that is led by the US.

What it would change is only the monetary burden on the US, and it would lead to major conflicts with France and Germany who are opposing the sending of troops to Iraq, thus maybe leading to the abolishment of the NATO, which is long overdue anyway.

Nightcrawler