"A different AO subject" Romantic Picnic ideas..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am so blessed to be able to be with a very special person tomorrow "thursday" evening.

Concert in the Garden

We will have a blanket and we will be together for a very special time together...

I was thinking wine or champagne,, I will place a red rose in the picnic basket,, and...

I was wondering of any of you kind souls have some nice ideas

I have been doing some thinking and planning but I just wanted to let you all give me some ideas.

Fellowship

(retired moderator who fell in love with a wonderful person named Heather)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    A tasty veal in a demi glaze sauce is kinda nice. But more important than gestures is that you be attentive and interested in her; that's the cornerstone of romance.

Spooning is always kinda romantic as well.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

But more important than gestures is that you be attentive and interested in her; that's the cornerstone of romance.

Call me crazy for sharing part of one of her emails to me but I had to share this:

quote:

What is it that you think about, when you think about me?_ I think about how sweet of a guy you are, very thoughtful and attentive.._ You are the guy I've been looking for._ That's what I think about and also how did I get lucky to meet you...

Is that not amazing

I agree with you being there for her is so important...

Fellows
  • Reply 3 of 40
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    *horse whinney* TROJAN MAN!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 40
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

*horse whinney* TROJAN MAN!!!!

HA! Fellows wings are like a shield of steel, he's in love and he's impervious to your taunts dummy.

I feel like I should have something significant to say given I consider myself to have been extremely lucky in love. But it's somewhere I can't go on an internet message board. So the best I can do is offer some fairly simple suggestions.

Now I realise this may sound a bit strange coming from me but....

You open doors for her. Normal doors, you open, wait for her to go through, then wait for any other people to go through (especially if they're female because you respect all women right?) then you follow. Car doors you open, you wait until she's safely tucked inside then you close the car door. You help her on with her coat. You pull out her chair for her in restaurants and the like. You walk on the curbside of the sidewalk, always. If it's cold, you give her your jacket and freeze to death while she stays warm. You offer her your arm (bent elbow raised to about waist level, she slips her hand around your elbow, you tuck your arm into your side with her hand attached in a way that says without words that you will never, ever let her go, and you're away).

You are a man not a boy. And you can do that without patronising her or undermining her identity or treating her like a child. More importantly, you are gentleman, in every sense of the word.

A suggestion. Skip the flower in the basket. At some point during the evening and if it's feasible, find an excuse to bugger off for a bit and return with a bunch of red roses. If you can get the person from the flower shop to deliver them to her (yes, yes on the blanket) with a message that they're from you then wait, give it time to sink in, and then reappear, that's even better.

Champagne. Verve Cliquot. The most expensive bottle you can afford.

And I know I've posted this before but the sooner you all get it into your thick heads the easier life will be. I learnt it from men alright?

What do women want? A sensitive caveman.

Why do women get mad at men? Because men can't read their minds.

I'm wishin' and hopin' for ya Fellows. I'm thrilled for ya. Don't blow it.
  • Reply 5 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

HA! Fellows wings are like a shield of steel, he's in love and he's impervious to your taunts dummy.

I'm wishin' and hopin' for ya Fellows. I'm thrilled for ya. Don't blow it.

I will not be overly dramatic with anything,, I will be who I am because I am very comfortable with who I am and my feelings for her and how to respect and love her..

I will be thoughtful and on the ball

I think tonight will be a great evening for us!

Fellows
  • Reply 6 of 40
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    A six pack, a bucket of fried chicken, and some beach chairs. If you still had the truck, you could throw the chairs in the bed.

The thing is, if she digs it, then you may as well propose right then and there.

Oh, and I think it's about time someone on this forum mentioned "pics." I don't think I've seen that in regard to you and your special lady friend.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

• Reply 8 of 40
    Or you could simply point out to Heather that if she fell through a wormhole into an alternate universe she might be with someone like Splinemodel. In which case you better be serious about her 'cause she's going to want to marry you on the spot. (I'm telling you guys, he's impervious, able to leap tall building etc., laughing in the face of danger HAHAHA!)

Oh, oh, oh can you sing, play guitar? You can sing her "Wild Mountain Thyme" one of my favorite folk songs AND it's got her name in it!

Will ye go lassie go

And we'll all go together

To pull wild mountain thyme

All around the bloomin' heather

That'd be sweet.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Be cool, be a gentleman, get to know her.

Skip the roses! That cliché is so played out. Get her flowers that you would like, or that you think she would like. I suppose if those are roses, then great, but really, put some thought into your symbol rather than using someone else's.

FWIW.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

Be cool, be a gentleman, get to know her.

Skip the roses! That cliché is so played out. Get her flowers that you would like, or that you think she would like. I suppose if those are roses, then great, but really, put some thought into your symbol rather than using someone else's.

FWIW.

As a matter of fact I completely agree and I know what I will do...

Fellows
  • Reply 11 of 40
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Oh, oh, oh can you sing, play guitar? You can sing her "Wild Mountain Thyme" one of my favorite folk songs AND it's got her name in it!

Will ye go lassie go

And we'll all go together

To pull wild mountain thyme

All around the bloomin' heather

That'd be sweet.

Ooh, ooh, ride in on a horse Fellowship!

What the hell is wrong with you crazychester?

Sing and have flowers delivered at a concert in the park? It would just be embarrassing to the both of them. And they'd probably be thrown out of the park by irate concert-goers.

Maybe bring some bread and brie. Ooh ooh, and have it flown in by a helicopter blasting Celine Dion through its speakers while it drops the picnic basket by parachute right on your blanket!
  • Reply 12 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Sing and have flowers delivered at a concert in the park? It would just be embarrassing to the both of them. And they'd probably be thrown out of the park by irate concert-goers.

Maybe bring some bread and brie. Ooh ooh, and have it flown in by a helicopter blasting Celine Dion through its speakers while it drops the picnic basket by parachute right on your blanket!

LOL Funny

Like I said I will not do anything dramatic

Fellows
  • Reply 13 of 40
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I would go an entirely different route. Women are very different than men when assigning importance to memories. A certain sound, smell or sensation can become so important to them. A flower is passe. They also love things that can be recalled and thought of as special. So I would take one of the songs and associate it with a certain food, or scent. If she is a health nut, frozen grapes might be good. I don't know how comfortable you are with touch yet in your relationship, but foot massages go over well, especially if the lotion is scented in some special manner like vanilla or cinnamon.

Later all you have to do is bust out with a cd of a certain Mozart symphony and she will be able to anticipate certain scents, touches, and again associate them with that memory. Thus even on a rainy Wednesday night in the future, you can make her recall and feel as special as she did on this night because so many of the sensations are the same. Plus they are ALL associated with YOU.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 40
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Geez . . . all this plotting is horrible!

Just be yourself and pack non-messy foods: Brie and Baguette, perhaps wine, but also something non-alchoholic . . . don't stress whatever you do: if you want it to be too perfect it will be so-so . . . and though nothing is wrong with so-so, when it is held up to 'too perfect' it feels terrible

so, don't stress it and enjoy even the so-so if it should be so.

Don't be afraid to let your natural humor show . . . nothing better than laughing together.

ANdy Warhol had a trick that he learned from his mother, he always gave visitors something, anything . . . that way they would remember him (sort of what Trump's calculation is saying I guess) just make it something nonsensical and light and joyous . . . like a silly quarter vending maching thingy

Whatever you do don't go on about AI or AO . . .
  • Reply 15 of 40
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    A nice piece of cold poached salmon with dill sauce, new potatoes in oil, and cold green beans.

Chocolate dipped strawberries.

A bottle of Veuve Cliquot or Taittinger, and a bottle of Apollinaris.

Real plates, real glasses, real forks, real napkins.

Your complete and undivided attention (the thing she will appreciate the most).

You could most likely pick up the whole mess at Whole Foods; there are two right in Dallas.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

A nice piece of cold poached salmon with dill sauce, new potatoes in oil, and cold green beans.

Chocolate dipped strawberries.

A bottle of Veuve Cliquot or Taittinger, and a bottle of Apollinaris.

Real plates, real glasses, real forks, real napkins.

Your complete and undivided attention (the thing she will appreciate the most).

You could most likely pick up the whole mess at Whole Foods; there are two right in Dallas.

Got it all together everyone

Thanks for the ideas!

Got everything all together....

I know this will be a great evening for us

Fellows
  • Reply 17 of 40
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Is this Harry Potter?

• Reply 18 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Oh hell I wasn't serious about the singing bit. Christ he's going to a Mozart concert, he'd wanna be a bloody good singer.

But flowers are not to be sneezed at!

Right now, I'm just flabbergasted that Trumptman has had something sensible to say about women.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Oh hell I wasn't serious about the singing bit. Christ he's going to a Mozart concert, he'd wanna be a bloody good singer.

But flowers are not to be sneezed at!

Right now, I'm just flabbergasted that Trumptman has had something sensible to say about women.

Hey here's a good joke with a wink as well. I saw you blowing two sailors for a stick of gum.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Hey here's a good joke with a wink as well. I saw you blowing two sailors for a stick of gum.

Nick

Ah yes back to form. You better go have a feel trumptman to reassure yourself your balls are still there.