the new iMac = a laptop?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
so, as a consumer, what do i need. a computer, a screen, a superdrive for making my cds/dvds.

bluetooth/airport extreme show the "new" direction: wireless.

do i need a clumsy stationary system? do i need a fixed postion for my digital hub?

no.

i'm sure, jonathan is able to find a new definition for "movable computing" - there has to be some kind of wireless connection to tvs (steve: "aaargh!") for playing back videos, wireless keyboard, wireless iNet (AE included), wireless remote control (see my post iStick), wireless headphones & mics (voice control 10.4.)...-

would make a nice package, kind of james bond suitcase

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    many people don't like wireless.

for security reasons, health concerns etc.

moving to an all-wireless solution without a cabled option is a very bad idea.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G-News

for...health concerns ...

(puts on foil hat} OH GOD THE RF FROM YOUR CELL PHONE GAVE ME CANCER ...AND THE MAN IS READING MY MIND...

the worset thing RF could do is if at a very low frequency give you a head ache.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    How about if you could control your home using the spoken interface in Tiger. It could be like in the Minority Report where you can have small chips put into any electrical component and you can communicate to everything using the airport express and your mac. Genius!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G-News

for security reasons, health concerns etc.

moving to an all-wireless solution without a cabled option is a very bad idea.

this "wireless is bad for yout health" thing is a big story over here in germany, you're right.

maybe a silly idea of mine... <fighting with the cables under my desk>

besides: your wireless telefon (not your mobile!) has 200 times more "power" then any wlan station...-
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'll bet you my whole carton of camels that WiFi is not bad for your health.

Besides, I'm sure it's nothing some snake oil and leeches can't fix.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    YOU ARE CRAZY, THE NEW IMAC WILL BE

THIS
  • Reply 7 of 9
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by industryMan

? made of LEGO® ???
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by k_munic

Quote:

Originally posted by industryMan

? made of LEGO® ???

yeah, and why are there three pieces? shouldn't the whole computer fit in one box, and then attach (via cable) to a monitor?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    don't get me wrong: I'm personally not really concerned about WLAN, but being from Europe, I just noticed, or had to notice rather, that people are far more sceptical about it here than in the states.

And don't forget the security issue either, which is an issue that is ignored too often both here and over the big lake...