WWDC Broadcast

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, I was wondering if Apple is going to be broadcasting the WWDC keynote live on their website through their Quicktime page. If so when is it? I am really looking forward to the Tiger preivew and the new releases. I really hope they broadcast it.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    AFAIK, they never do, i may be wrong on this tho.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    If you go to their site http://www.apple.com/quicktime/whatson/appleevents/ they have the 2003 wwdc so they have done it before. Hopefully they will do it again.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Apple is big on shooting it, then putting it up after.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    'Broadcast' normally normally refers to a live stream.

I don't recall Apple ever doing this for a WWDC keynote. Can anyone recall exceptions?

If recent history is any indeication, the keynote video will be available in the late afternoon or early evening via the quicktime website. For the first few days, a non-live stream is looped and it is impossible to fast forward or rewind. After the initial bandwidth crunch has subsided, they allow on demand streaming.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

'Broadcast' normally normally refers to a live stream.

I don't recall Apple ever doing this for a WWDC keynote. Can anyone recall exceptions?

If recent history is any indeication, the keynote video will be available in the late afternoon or early evening via the quicktime website. For the first few days, a non-live stream is looped and it is impossible to fast forward or rewind. After the initial bandwidth crunch has subsided, they allow on demand streaming.

I remember watching it live last summer - 12:00 centeral
  • Reply 6 of 15
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    yes ... their last WWDC broadcast was live.

I remember because I was at The Grove [los angeles] watching it live. [G5 was announced]
  • Reply 7 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, I watched it live at an Apple store, and then again online.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    WWDC 2003:

It was live to Apple Stores.

It was canned for everyone else after the Keynote was over.

There was not a live *WEB* broadcast.

For the first few hours (days?) the online broadcast was multicast streamed only.

After that, it became on-demand streaming.

Hope this puts an end to the argument. Probably not, but here's hoping.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Thanks Kickaha for clearing that up.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Anyone know if the Apple stores are planning to show this like last year?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    apparently not\
  • Reply 12 of 15
    tomktomk Posts: 13member
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc03/ was up till yesterday. now it is down (no link). http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc04/ isn't working nether.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    At the Apple Store, they were using a computer to show it...do you think that there's some secret address that allows you to see it in RT, like at the Apple Stores?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

At the Apple Store, they were using a computer to show it...do you think that there's some secret address that allows you to see it in RT, like at the Apple Stores?

they were using a satelite feed.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So are they not webcasting it?