Keynote 2?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone heard any info on the next version of Keynote? Seems like it's been awhile since the last version was released.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

Anyone heard any info on the next version of Keynote? Seems like it's been awhile since the last version was released.

Hmmm, now that you mention it, it has been a long time.

Well, I've never used Keynote anyway, so meh... m.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I was just thinking of this today. I certainly am looking forward to a new version of Keynote. Many others have posted in other places a the list of needed features.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    I agree. It was released in January 2003. While I think it was a very solid release, I think it is time for an upgrade.

I forget exactly, have they made any small updates to it since its release?

Mike
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    It's up to about version 1.1.1 now, but it has been for some time.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    could the next version of keynote include an apple projector and salling clicker integration with OSX

It wouldln't cost apple too much to buy salling outright.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    It's just weird. Apple releases very good software, but takes time to update them.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Um, that's not weird at all.

Writing good software takes time. If you want fast turnarounds with lots of features, features, features, you're going to sacrifice quality.

More regular incremental upgrades would be nice for something like Keynote, but it's a revenue stream - it's in Apple's (or any publisher's) best interest to save them up for a large upgrade that can convince you to pay out more moola, instead of smaller upgrades that individually are small enough to be considered 'free'.

OS updates and application security patches are another story, of course, but adding new features in general will cost you more $.

If the application is stable, (relatively) bug-free and without serious problems in what it claims to do, don't expect updates frequently.