OMFG!!! not conspiracy!!! Loews is bought out by Carlysle group!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I read an interview with a person on the street who had just seen F-911 and she said the the Carlyse Group just bought out Loews.

The Carlysle group . . . for those who don't know, is the big Arms and manufacturing conglomerate that has been the subject of many "conspiracy' buffs for years, and is a big target of Michael Moore's F-911.

And has many many members now in the administration.

The Conspiracies were never wrong though. They are as powerful as they say and they have as much influence as they say . . . and since they don't like Michael Moore they just bought Loews Theatre company!!!

THIS IS SCARY!!

My bet is they will by AMC theaters next

Let's start to hear the excuses and defense . . .

and let's start to hear the 'jokes' about tin-foil hats . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    This is terrible news.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I often get my news from people interviewed on the street for movie reviews.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    http://www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/n...-news2805.html

Article about the Carlyle Group that appeared in Fortune in 2002:

http://www.carlylegroup.net/thebigguys.htm
  • Reply 4 of 17
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I often get my news from people interviewed on the street for movie reviews.

read the link . . it is a business journal . . .

That post is truly revealing . . . and predictable.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    ... I did ... learned that movie theaters ... must be ... good investments .... if Carlyle Group ... wants to buy them ... over and out.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    It probably will amount to nothing . . . I hope.

However it is odd that a very very large corporate entity which has very definite ties to the current administration (for example: Negroponte) and is recently revealed as such in a movie that opened up two days ago nation wide, a movie that might aid in dethroning those in power with ties to that corporation, decides to purchase one of the largest international cineplex theater chains in the world the DAY AFTER said movie opens up.

A strange coincidence?

A more sinister and cynical side of myself tends to think that they were revealed a soft-spot in their ever tightening grip on the minds of the American populace: movies.

Hell, they have TV and Radio locked up, and the Internet and Papers are so much interest-based that people will see only what they are already inclined to see . . . but movies can still change people

But not if they are owned, lock-stock and barrel . . . Disney, Gibson, and Speilberg from now on . . .
  • Reply 7 of 17
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

... I did ... learned that movie theaters ... must be ... good investments .... if Carlyle Group ... wants to buy them ... over and out.

Worse than that, he is using a space between each period. That's a lot of extra work. I have much more respect for pfflam now. There . . . is a lot of . . . artisanship . . . in each post.

Y'know, you could just use "option semi-colon" ->?<- actual ellipsis. (On Macs anyway)
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Worse than that, he is using a space between each period. That's a lot of extra work. I have much more respect for pfflam now. There . . . is a lot of . . . artisanship . . . in each post.

Y'know, you could just use "option semi-colon" ->?<- actual ellipsis. (On Macs anyway)

Will?do.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Will?do.

Oops, that last sentence was aimed at pfflam.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Oops, that last sentence was aimed at pfflam.

No?it?wasn?t.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

No?it?wasn?t.

Scott?you are?a?royal?pain in the?ass.

I feel like?like Stevie from?Malcolm in the?Middle.

Ok, enough?punctiation?jokes. Before I'm called a?troll.

(I shouldn't even actually reply or converse with you Scott since doing so will irreversibly associate me with you. People are silly that way.)
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I?see?now?. My?mistake.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Some background on Carlyle Group, Frank Carlucci etc etc.

http://www.spectrezine.org/global/carlyle.htm

and a stack of links here:

http://linkthing.com/screed/carlyle_group_cluster.html

Quote:

?Carlyle is as deeply wired into the current administration as they can possibly be, George Bush is getting money from private interests that have business before the government, while his son is president. And, in a really peculiar way, George W. Bush could, some day, benefit financially from his own administration's decisions, through his father's investments. The average American doesn't know that and, to me, that's a jaw-dropper.?

Charles Lewis, executive director of the Center for Public Integrity, a nonprofit public interest group based in Washington.

• Reply 14 of 17
    Isn't it a given that a handful of companies control everything and the rich call the shots and there is all kind of secretive intrigue about?

I can see wanting to do something about it but it's hardly worth an OMFG.

It's not exactly an exposé. Large company buys media outlet. Possible avenue of control and propaganda. And in Sports....
  • Reply 15 of 17
    I just sent my resume to Carlyle Group!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Isn't it a given that a handful of companies control everything and the rich call the shots and there is all kind of secretive intrigue about?

I can see wanting to do something about it but it's hardly worth an OMFG.

It's not exactly an exposé. Large company buys media outlet. Possible avenue of control and propaganda. And in Sports....

http://www.theyrule.net/2004/tr2.php
  • Reply 17 of 17
    BTW this web site has been shut down after being purchased by the Carlysle Group. Representatives will be calling you to schedule pickup and disposal of your computers. They appreciate your cooperation.