in macOS edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    staphbabystaphbaby Posts: 353member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xtreme

From MacRumors.com:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...threadid=77079

Less than convincing, at best... the thread at MacRumors summarizes why pretty well.

We'll see come Tuesday, anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 60
    fakes.
  • Reply 3 of 60
    boubabouba Posts: 33member
    They have no reason to require a built-in FireWire port.

The reason why panther required a built-in firewire port was to get rid of the old world architecture (beige G3...)

The original iMac (bondie blue) is able to run panther.

So, it's fake...
  • Reply 4 of 60
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    So fake.

Origins of GNAA and "Gary Niger".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Nig...ion_of_America
  • Reply 5 of 60
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    man, beyond fake. though i wouldn't put it past apple to create their own konfabulator-style runtime environment, but the look and feel of those "gadgets" is terrible.
  • Reply 6 of 60
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    A Firewall Log would sure be a nice feature, but unfortunately, I doubt we'll see that with all these shots being fake.
  • Reply 7 of 60
    Yes, i agree with Outsider... anything coming from the GNAA that isn't shitstorm software is most likely to be fake.

Also, notice the many spelling and capitalization errors.
  • Reply 8 of 60
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

So fake.

Origins of GNAA and "Gary Niger".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Nig...ion_of_America

Fakes and it's all a gag from GNNA:

http://www.gnaa.us/pr.phtml?troll=gnaa-tiger

Don't be fooled into theories about missing periods and other little errors. It's pointless.
  • Reply 9 of 60
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

So fake.

That's what we all said about the leaked Panther system prefs shots with the PrefPane labeled "Expose"...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=23747
  • Reply 10 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

That's what we all said about the leaked Panther system prefs shots with the PrefPane labeled "Expose"...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=23747

IT'S FROM GNAA!!!

DO YOU READ SLASHDOT EVAR??
  • Reply 11 of 60
    the addres is enough to prove fakeness

"troll=tiger"

right there its a troll
  • Reply 12 of 60
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

IT'S FROM GNAA!!!

DO YOU READ SLASHDOT EVAR??

I KNOW! YES I DO! I'M JUST KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE, CAN'T YA SEE?
  • Reply 13 of 60
    zosozoso Posts: 177member
    TS now says they are the real McCoy... To say that this deeply disapponits my Tiger expectations would be a gross understatement.

And what about Apple still competing with small developers (think Knofabulator here)? Didn't something like this happen also with a tool named Watson, that Apple essentially copied and packaged as Sherlock 2?

Now, if only I could get GNOME 2.6 to compile on my Athlon64 I might just leave the iBook to handle iTunes and little else...

ZoSo
  • Reply 14 of 60
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZoSo

TS now says they are the real McCoy...

No, they didn't.

"But today, one reliable Think Secret source said that the screenshots are genuine;"

You know, "journalistic standards"? That thing about needing at least two independent sources before a story is deemed reportable? Besides, claiming a source said something is true or false isn't the same as the actual site/newspaper/channel/etc saying something is true or false.

(The rest of the story is fine, it's just meta news, talking about people talking about it being real or fake).

"MacRumors also confirmed that many of the concepts depicted in the shots are a part of 10.4."

Concepts...depicted? Anyone can make mockups of some of the better-known/likely concepts for 10.4. Convincingly representing concepts and actual screencaptures of the real thing are not the same.
  • Reply 15 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I KNOW! YES I DO! I'M JUST KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE, CAN'T YA SEE?

I'm a big fan of slashdot trolling. but not when it hits close to home (Mac related).
  • Reply 16 of 60
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    MacRumors says that Apple legal asked them to be removed (from which site uncertain - ThinkSecret?). Guess they were real. We;ll know soon enough.
  • Reply 17 of 60
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    Here's my take on these screenshots...

While they could be real (who knows until tomorrow), they also could be fake.

But there is one thing I know since I have switched from Windows to Mac OS X...

Apple does a pretty good job of implementing features through an elegant user interface. I have been impressed with Apple's job since 10.1 and think that they just know how to make things look nice.

While I agree that brushed metal isn't the greatest interface, it still has a subtle and elegant layout. It doesn't distract you too much from the window contents.

I think those screenshots are the exact opposite of what I have seen Apple put out lately (especially that red colored cleared "gadget"). Plus that itunes gadget doesn't resemble iTunes at all. I'm sure Apple wants to keep the interfaces looking somewhat the same as not to confuse the user.

I don't know what to think really. All I know is that those screenshots are ugly. The features sound great, but the visual implementation is way off from Apple's way of doing things.
  • Reply 18 of 60
    MacRumors took theirs down, I think ThinkSecret still has them up. And of course, they are being hosted in the AppleNova forums.

I for one, think some of them are real. System Prefs are definitely real.
  • Reply 19 of 60
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    Perhaps they could be real, but only poor mockups of the actual thing to avoid spilling all of the beans about what TIGER is going to introduce?

Mike
  • Reply 20 of 60
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Who wants to bet a little friendly money? I'll bet anyone $50 those screenshots are real... let me know.