Apple WILL introduce new hardware next week!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
whatever apple decides to call it.......Imac.........Ibox........WHATEVER!

i dont care WHAT thinksecret says..........something new hardware wise is coming out to replace the Imac!

Use common sense people!

I think apple,as roy batty says "has something more radical in mind".

prepare yourselves to think different again!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekmeet

i dont care WHAT thinksecret says..........something new hardware wise is coming out to replace the Imac!

Use common sense people!

NOPE, look for apple expo in paris for this, Christmas baby, Christmas....unless VT needs an iSupercomputer
  • Reply 2 of 20
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekmeet

Use common sense people!

You needed a new thread for this crap?
  • Reply 3 of 20
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yeah, this is as content free as a kormac-bashing post without substantiation, just 'Use common sense you suckers!'... pointless.

Unless you have facts, or even, say, rational logic behind your assertion, this thread is heading for lockdom.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Displays are a sure thing. Apple did ask ThinkSecret to remove drawings of same a week or so ago... a sure sign they're coming. Same with screen shots of Tiger, although it's no secret Tiger demo is to appear.... Apple actually said so! The only question is..................
  • Reply 5 of 20
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Displays are a sure thing. Apple did ask ThinkSecret to remove drawings of same a week or so ago... a sure sign they're coming. Same with screen shots of Tiger, although it's no secret Tiger demo is to appear.... Apple actually said so! The only question is..................

Logic like that is why an innocent person fears a jury.

Apple can tell anyone they want to remove images/mockups of Apple products if they are being purported to be actual images of actual devices jsut about to be released - even if such devices do not exist.

If hype gets out of control for a specific mockup or allegedly leaked shot or a product, then it negatively impacts their stock price and sales and press coverage (if everyone is let down because the fake thing isn't reality.)

If I say BMW is coming out with a hovercar NEXT WEEK and post a "leaked photo", then people would be depressed at yet another "dull" 4 wheeled car...whereas they wouldn't have been without the false hype. BMW making them remove the picture doesn't mean they ARE developing a hovercar.

They can't crack down on a mockup unless it is presented in the context that it was leaked or its an upcoming product. Fanboy mockups like I do don't bother them.

The source is suspect for the Tiger pics (some of the small details seem accurate but the bigger things seem overdone). The display pic looks perfectly believable but nothing that anyone with a decent 3d app couldn't have done (although to be fair it was well done, not merely a quickie)
  • Reply 6 of 20
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Logic like that is why an innocent person fears a jury.

Well said, johnq.

Let's face it folks, we don't have a freaking clue what's really coming down the pipe tomorrow, blowhard posturing and ego fluffing stances or not.

Relax, wait for tomorrow, and in the meantime, go get some chips and dip. Sheesh.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    New imacs confirmed?

Well based on past history (ie dual 2.0 g5s, ipod minis) They need to be announced this week to guarantee they will be generally available in reasonable quantities by the holiday buying season!
  • Reply 8 of 20

(Just kidding. It's been a while since I've been able to use it.)
  • Reply 9 of 20
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    As far as I can remember, Apple has always had unauthorized (stolen) images removed from various websites. If anybody can post a time when such an event ocurred and the CPU or software or whatever didn't actually come out shortly thereafter, then let's hear about it. Every time Apple demands something be removed, that something has come to pass. What is the logic in denying this? (He asked).
  • Reply 10 of 20
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Geez, I just said this is the other thread...with no live satellite feed or live keynote stream via Quicktime, it appears that we'll see and only see new pro displays and Mac OS X Tiger. Nothing else. Sorry folks.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Dhagan's right. We'll see the 1.5GHz G4 iMacs released Tuesday the week after WWDC.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Yep. your only kidding yourself if you think the iMac, or it's replacement is Apples #1 priority, and it has to happen because of that.

3GHz PowerMacs were Apples #1 priority """FOR REAL"""" and that didn't happen so why would this change when the hardware just doesn't exist?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    gensorgensor Posts: 48member
    Apple likes to announce products 30 to 60 days before actual shipping dates. This helps them gage demand from orders and to manage production ramp up and inventory.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by gensor

Apple likes to announce products 30 to 60 days before actual shipping dates. This helps them gage demand from orders and to manage production ramp up and inventory.

So what...?
  • Reply 15 of 20
    I just want a remote for AirTunes...

• Reply 16 of 20
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I want an iphone with remote. but you all know that already.

I am no going to get it. EVER!

P**p!
  • Reply 17 of 20
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

As far as I can remember, Apple has always had unauthorized (stolen) images removed from various websites. If anybody can post a time when such an event ocurred and the CPU or software or whatever didn't actually come out shortly thereafter, then let's hear about it. Every time Apple demands something be removed, that something has come to pass. What is the logic in denying this? (He asked).

Two weeks ago, Apple Legal demanded that AI remove a couple of pictures that supposedly depicted the internal configuration of upcoming Power Mac models. The configuration of the Power Macs introduced several days later did not correlate with those removed by AI. It's pretty obvious that they were not fake images, but Apple Legal still ordered their removal, even though Apple had no intention of shipping models based on the internal configuration they depicted.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    geekmeetgeekmeet Posts: 107member
    boy was i wrong.

i feel like ibve been kicked in the gut.

10.4 is almost a year away.....i cant get excited about that.

it looks like everyone is going to have to upgrade to take advantage of these new features.

there are people that want those mondo-huge monitors and im sure they are very happy......

boy was i wrong.....
  • Reply 19 of 20
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Quote:

boy was i wrong.....

It's ok, you live to fight another day.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Imac? Ibox? How bout an iMonitor?