Tiger Ad Campaign Begins!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    The PC versus Mac debate is over. Apple has nothing to gain by making fun of Windows users. It would benefit from selling the features of Tiger to it's customer base. If I start comparing Longhorn features to OS X, should I also start comparing 97% to 3%? An advertisement campaign that pitches a solid product against vapourware doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Actually, I don't think those posters will ever make it outside of the convention. Just some fun for the atendees.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    I second that. I don't think they are going to make a full blown campaign over this.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    If they did, it would be the worst campaign in history. How many non-geeks know that MS HQ is in Redmond? How many know the codename for their next OS is Longhorn. People simply wouldn't have a clue. It is to give the developers a chuckle on their way in.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    I love them all.

A fantastic and aggressive set of ads.

This is Mac OSX Tiger. They're showing how ferocious it is >=)
  • Reply 26 of 33
    macmattmacmatt Posts: 91member
    Come here little kitty, kitty, kitty. Come on....
  • Reply 27 of 33
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I can't see 'em, on any of the sites linked. Anyone want to send me them?
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Well, Double-Ewe Double-Ewe Dee Cee is only hours away, and all the speculation will be over, and we'll know what Tiger has to offer consumers in the near future.

We also may have a new iMac design, but I'm not holding my breath... m.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    ALL your links are dead, where can I see the real pics?
  • Reply 30 of 33
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    So what happened? I'd like to see the pics but they're gone from everywhere. Why were they pulled?
  • Reply 31 of 33
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    you can see them here. Though, they might not be up for long....
  • Reply 32 of 33
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

you can see them here. Though, they might not be up for long....

ARE THOSE REALLY REAL? and will they...Idunno, ADVERTISE THE OS now?
  • Reply 33 of 33
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

If they did, it would be the worst campaign in history. How many non-geeks know that MS HQ is in Redmond? How many know the codename for their next OS is Longhorn. People simply wouldn't have a clue. It is to give the developers a chuckle on their way in.

agreed. These ads do not signify some sort of ad campaign. This is the Worldwide [b}Developers[/b] Conference. Developers who understand that Redmond=MS and that Longhorn=Windows 201x will be the ones seeing te banners. I will be very surprised if these ads are presented to the mainstream.