Comments

• Reply 1 of 65
    Aluminum

Small bevel

One cable from the monitor that splits
  • Reply 2 of 65
    30 " display

Prices for 20 and 23" remain the same

30" only works on Power Mac G5...no existing card can drive it, dvi isn't enough. SO it uses 2 dvi's running parallel

Graphics card required costs $600

30" costs $3300

...That's all she wrote folks...I sure has heck won't be buying a 30"
  • Reply 3 of 65
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    We'll be able to see them shortly at the Apple Store site which is down.
  • Reply 4 of 65
    sam damonsam damon Posts: 129member
    2560 x 1600 pixel, 30-inch Cinema Display... yoikes!
  • Reply 5 of 65
    How bout the 20"... only 220x150 more px's to make it HD. At that price, it'd be killer.
  • Reply 6 of 65
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Any word on the low end, say a 17 or 20 inch pannel?
  • Reply 7 of 65
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Any word on the low end, say a 17 or 20 inch pannel?

17 is gone 20 is updated but same price
  • Reply 8 of 65
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    damn--too expensive!!
  • Reply 9 of 65
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

17 is gone 20 is updated but same price

Well thats just a damn shame, say I have a beutiful G5 under my desk, Now I have to shell out over a grand to get a matching display to show off my 3000$ toy? that sux
  • Reply 10 of 65
    No surprise on pricing since high quality LCD prices have risen do to lack of production capacity. There are plenty of alternatives.
  • Reply 11 of 65
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    geez, everyone complaining about price. correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't the 23" display way more than any of these behemoths when it first debuted??? i mean, yeah, it cost a mint, but you accepted that if you wanted to be the first to have a gi-normous display.
  • Reply 12 of 65
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    No height adjustment? Whaaahh!
  • Reply 13 of 65
    Those who complained that the illustrations of the display on Think Secret were "ugly". Take a look at the real deal:

• Reply 14 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Those who complained that the illustrations of the display on Think Secret were "ugly". Take a look at the real deal:

Not much of an improvement. Well, at least they match now. So is this the source of the hangable displays rumor?
  • Reply 15 of 65
    The developer price actually went UP for the 20". Used to be 1039, now 1169.

Also, there's a 17" on sale, but it's $629, a $70 discount. Anyone remember how much the 17" was?

Edit: Actually, it looks like the pricing hasn't been updated yet... The .edu store has the 17" at 599 and the 20" at $1169.
  • Reply 16 of 65
    Only slightly off topic...did any one else notice the keyboard and mouse in the new display QTVR?
  • Reply 17 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by GT Wheeler

Only slightly off topic...did any one else notice the keyboard and mouse in the new display QTVR?

They are the current keyboard and mouse, obviously.
  • Reply 18 of 65
    Except they look like they have an aluminum finish (at least in the VR file).
  • Reply 19 of 65
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Ugh. Port placement is horrible. Who wants cables dangling out the bottom of the display? Everytime you tilt or move the display you'll be moving the cables. And how much will the cables weigh down the display for adjustment? And for quick plugging things in and out the ports are on the back where you can't see them.

You'd think the most logical use for the display ports would be to plug your keyboard in to save snaking it down to the CPU. Never gonna happen with these displays.

Not that I'll ever buy one - WAY out of my budget, but I was hoping for something a bit more iMac like with tilt and swivel capabilities. The iMac's display design is great for showing things to coworkers or family members.

Is that uber-cable fixed to the back of the display? I dislike monitors you can't remove every cable from. Dangling cables make moving and installing a pain, IMHO.

Sorry, but I think Apple missed with these displays.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 20 of 65
    There are ports on the front of the PowerMac. The displays are a perfect match for the PowerMacs, in both aesthetics and in usability.