First half of 2005...so sayeth Steve-o

UPDATE: It will be 64-bit Unix though

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    well that sucks
  • Reply 2 of 26
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    First off, it was well known that Tiger would not be available at this time. Just a preview. If it sucks that's your problem I'm afraid. Getting it right is of paramount importance. Panther does just fine and I bet there will be a few more free updates coming along. As usual, disappoitment from some Appleinsider posters that is totally unwarranted. Longhorn will not be out until 2006 so what's the hurry?
  • Reply 3 of 26
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    I should be able to afford the $129 price update by then...

What? It'll be free?

(Psyche!)
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

First off, it was well known that Tiger would not be available at this time. Just a preview. If it sucks that's your problem I'm afraid. Getting it right is of paramount importance. Panther does just fine and I bet there will be a few more free updates coming along. As usual, disappoitment from some Appleinsider posters that is totally unwarranted. Longhorn will not be out until 2006 so what's the hurry?

First half of 2005 could be a year away..and from what i've seen so far they've added a nifty search thingy.. some kind of release between now and then to fix some of pathers problems would be nice...
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

I should be able to afford the $129 price update by then...

What? It'll be free?

(Psyche!)

Whaddya mean it'll be free?
  • Reply 6 of 26
    I fully expect that there will be a 10.3.5 and 10.3.6.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

its still a disappointment, you can't say everyone wasn't expecting it to be out this year....
  • Reply 8 of 26
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Great!

Now we don't have to hear the "Paid yearly update" bullshit this year.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Great!

Well at least that part suites me, i'm skint...
  • Reply 10 of 26
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Great!

EXACTLY

I'm glad now because I don't have to hear people freakin' mouths about "yearly" updates. This puts Tiger clearly at over a year and a half from Panther and damn near two years if it ships in mid 2005
  • Reply 11 of 26
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't. In any event everything demoed is going to give software developers a lot to do in the next year and that's a good thing. Perhaps we'll see lots of new versions of popular apps when Tiger ships (and that will be welcomed I'd say). Apple is here to stay.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    worth the wait IMO
  • Reply 13 of 26
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    It will give the devs more time to come up with some insane stuff.

And you know there will be more features as well.

We are probably looking at more like 18-24 month upgrade cycles now.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Well, that seals the deal, I shall wait till MWSF 05 to switch to mac, new OS and possibley a single cpu G5 unit of some kind.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Aiiee... so that search spotlight thing was real. let's hope that's phased out (although I suppose I need to try it before griping).

Any other big Tiger feature news besides 64bit? (the Keynote is still in progress right?)
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Nevermind...I see we owe Gay N****** North of America an apology...
  • Reply 18 of 26
    thanks Ti
  • Reply 19 of 26
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Well, I just noticed the Apple store is down, maybe we'll see some hardware goodness to soften the blow...

C.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Yeah, the new displays.