any NYU students in NY wanna help me out? (or other students)

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

Kinda of an unethical request, but Im in NYC until Wednesday and was wondering if anyone wants to make an extra buck by accompanying me to the NYU Mac store... I need to pick up a PB 12inch or 15inch.

Or, if not NYU, any student (to get student discount) from the Apple Store...

send me a message... and Ill email back or give you a call

i'll give a generous tip...

(sorry but I cant stand the idea of paying about 700 dollars more for a PB in Europe....)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Hi,

Kinda of an unethical request, but Im in NYC until Wednesday and was wondering if anyone wants to make an extra buck by accompanying me to the NYU Mac store... I need to pick up a PB 12inch or 15inch.

Or, if not NYU, any student (to get student discount) from the Apple Store...

send me a message... and Ill email back or give you a call

i'll give a generous tip...

(sorry but I cant stand the idea of paying about 700 dollars more for a PB in Europe....)

how long you going to be here? order online from somewhere with no tax and have it overnighted to you. it'll be less than buying it with edu discount and nyc's 8.75 sales tax
  • Reply 2 of 6
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I would, but I'm in the UK. Can't get the snazzy American prices
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

how long you going to be here? order online from somewhere with no tax and have it overnighted to you. it'll be less than buying it with edu discount and nyc's 8.75 sales tax

That could be interesting.

I just learned that you HAVE to buy the 3 year Apple Care at NYU store to have good prices... not bad to have, but still. Plus, they're out of stock of the 12inch

Applenut, I'm here until Wednesday evening. Im up in the Bronx at a friends place.

What you suggest I do?

Can you PM me with some specifics?

Thanx to all replies
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

wait a sec...

1599 instead of 1799 (for stock 12inch super drive model) edu price

if I get it online with no taxes, it will be 1799...

getting it in NYC with edu price plus taxes will be about 1750...

so, its still better to get via edu in NYC... no?

Unless there is a way to get edu pricing AND delivered without tax by Wednesday morning?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

wait a sec...

1599 instead of 1799 (for stock 12inch super drive model) edu price

if I get it online with no taxes, it will be 1799...

getting it in NYC with edu price plus taxes will be about 1750...

so, its still better to get via edu in NYC... no?

Unless there is a way to get edu pricing AND delivered without tax by Wednesday morning?

ah, the edu discount is greater than in past years.

i dont think anywhere sells the edu discount with no tax unless you actually go to an apple retail store in a state with no sales tax. NH?

just go for the NYU with 3 year apple care then. you'll be spending about the same as you would back at home and getting 3 years of apple care which unfortunately I think is a requirement based on the quality i have experienced with my apple portables\
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Applenut, you have a PM...