Best way to upgrade to Panther

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I posted a week ago about updating from 10.2 to 10.3. Well I bought the software from Apple, and just waiting for it to be delieverd today. What should I do to upgrade? I heard there is a way to save everything and just install over 10.2? But is this the best way? I don't want to have to reinstall all my programs bc my MS Office will only let me install 2x and I have done it once already. That I and I only have about 7 gigs of memory left.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MS office for Student and Teacher does not mean you can only install it three times, it means you can only install it on three computers. If that were the case I would have been out of luck a long time ago. I have had to reimage my machines many times.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    millsdudemillsdude Posts: 135member
    Oh, well that is good to know. Then should I just boot from the disk and then go from there? What do I need to do to save my iTunes, iPhotos, and address book from Entourage?

Thanks.

Where is that damn truck?

I can't wait to use iSight
  • Reply 3 of 4
    On the install choose the "Archive and install option". That usually gives you the best option between keeping your info, but not getting a flaky OS install.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    millsdudemillsdude Posts: 135member
    Ok thanks.

Where is that Truck?