Howard Stern not welcome in Texas!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is a great example of the consrvative spirit alive and well in this country. We are going to fight like heck to keep Stern off the radio in Houston. Conservative Americans and especially Texas stand for what is right and we fight for it.

http://www.chronicallybiased.com/index.php?itemid=651

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Must be hard work trying to silence all of those critics.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Would you say that Texas and Stern are kinda enemies?
  • Reply 3 of 39
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yup, suppressing dissent sure is a good example of the conservative spirit.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    So Stern is 'an enemy of the State"?

I wonder if Stalin knows that . .
  • Reply 5 of 39
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    "Common Man" do you read any other publications because to seem to quote only one source...

First Amendment at work here folks:

Quote:

This is an important issue. Stern must be stopped. He is the Michael Moore of radio. We don?t need his gutter trash talk in our community. We especially don?t need anyone who is out to get the President to be allowed air time in our city. We owe it to the President to fight for him in our town and watch his back.

Paraphrase "We don't like what you say so YOU should be prohibited from saying it!"

Too funny.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Yet another gem...

Quote:

What a dirty old man. We have a duty to protect our wives and daughters from perverts like him.

How arrogant the secularists are. They think they have a right to corrupt our clildren

The first comment below that "political cartoon". How ironic that the non-secularist thinks he has the right to impose his view onto others yet feels the secularist are arrogant... If you block something then no one has the ability to access it. If you don't block something then everyone can access it. Those that disagree though still have the right to choose not to access it. See the difference there "common man"? The "secular" response is not arrogant, the non-secular respondant is.

[edit]Had secular and non-secular swapped in las sentence.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Common Troll -

It's time to expand your horizons a bit. How about some different websites?

Or should we just do a "whois" on this piece of crap website to find out who you are and then solve this waste of time.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I don't understand why you people are defending Howard Stern. Some of his commentary on the air is the most misogynist crap I have ever seen.
  • Reply 10 of 39
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I don't understand why you people are defending Howard Stern. Some of his commentary on the air is the most misogynist crap I have every seen.

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. I will defend anyone's right to say stupid, offensive things. As soon as we allow for "freedom of speech except for stuff I really find offensive" we have lost that right entirely.

That is materially different than denouncing, arguing against, or deploring what gets said, which is where my freedom of speech comes in.
  • Reply 11 of 39
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    "Common Man".

I love it. Beautifully apt name.

Hint: "common": Having no special designation, status, or rank; Not distinguished by superior or noteworthy characteristics; average: the common spectator; Of no special quality; standard; Of mediocre or inferior quality; second-rate; Unrefined or coarse in manner; vulgar.

Unfortunately they are also widespread/prevalent.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    Stern can say whatever he wants to say within legal limits without being halled away by the Gov. That is his right. We the people also have our right to say that we don't want him and his trash in our town. We have the right to boycot his sponsors and his station. We have the right to stand up for what WE believe. Freedom of speech does not protect him or anyone from the wrath of the people .
  • Reply 13 of 39
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

I don't understand why you people are defending Howard Stern. Some of his commentary on the air is the most misogynist crap I have ever seen.

So you are a regular listener?
  • Reply 14 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Common Man

Stern can say whatever he wants to say within legal limits without being halled away by the Gov. That is his right. We the people also have our right to say that we don't want him and his trash in our town. We have the right to boycot his sponsors and his station. We have the right to stand up for what WE believe. Freedom of speech does not protect him or anyone from the wrath of the people .

You'd make a fabulous Communist. You are aware of that, are you not?

Keep writing, this is precious.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    That's like the bazillionth time you posted a one or two sentence contribution and a link to a niche web site. \ I don't know if you're affiliated or not, but it sure seems like you're spamming for clicks.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    Quote:

I defend Common Man and Howard Stern and my right to free expression all equally.

This isn't about particulars. People get mired in the details too much. If Howard Stern is so bad for women then what about Hooters and Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and Coors beer ads? Puhleez. Leave it all alone, let the market decide.

Don't like it? Stick to channels you like and quit using the TV as a babysitter. Your kids will surely look to TV for role models if all they see is your fat ass on the couch. ("your" not directed at anyone).

Common Man on the other hand wants to silence n number of people.

I want to silence no one. They can yap all they want. I just want our legal system to not be over run with censors and squelchers and intimidators of free expression.

I do allow for the FCC to set certain standards for daytime within reason.

That's far different from the far Right trying to make use out of all that extra duct tape they have squirreled away in their basement shelters.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Stern has no right to be on the radio anywhere. Neither does Limbaugh. Neither do I. It's called a free fscking market, people. Radio stations can do what they want when it comes to public demand and public pressure either for or against.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    I'm not spamming for clicks. That website is affiliated with a local radio station and contains material concerning the things I think about. I am in no way affiliated with that site.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    Right Jubelum and if this market rejects Stern or anyone else, they are gone. If the market accepts him and his rating are good, then he will stay.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Don't worry- many of you can still cling to NPR.

Some of you need oppression, any oppression, real or not, to justify the Worker's Revolution. Raise those fists and red flags a little higher.

Stern, Limbaugh, Franken, Hannity... whatever. If they cannot play ball, let 'em go find a new job. I know free market capitalism is painful for many on this board... I sympathize. I did not want to play baseball in the fourth grade. Life is tough.

8)