10.5 and User influence.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Looking forward, I'm wondering if there is anyway to create a campaign to promote features most desired by users.

The occasional thread on most requested features just doesn't seem to do anything.

If there is a way, then certainly now is the time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

Looking forward, I'm wondering if there is anyway to create a campaign to promote features most desired by users.

The occasional thread on most requested features just doesn't seem to do anything.

If there is a way, then certainly now is the time.

there are plenty of threads about requestd features for panther/tiger, but your best bet is to email apple via the feedback section of their site.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Well, um, no. Any contact between these boards and Apple is surely coincidental.

Apple has well established channels for user feedback. That's what you need to use.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Well, um, no. Any contact between these boards and Apple is surely coincidental.

Apple has well established channels for user feedback. That's what you need to use.

But user feedback to apple is a black hole. They may consider it or they may not, but you have no idea if they did. I'm talking about a campaign, a list culled from the most requested feature posts with some force behind it.

Something more like user demands, not requests, where each passing update is weighed against them.

That's not to say I'm picturing people picketing with signs saying "GIVE US BACK OUR SOUNDSETS!"
  • Reply 4 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

But user feedback to apple is a black hole. They may consider it or they may not, but you have no idea if they did. I'm talking about a campaign, a list culled from the most requested feature posts with some force behind it.

*laugh* Sorry, the only 'force' you can exert on Apple is with your wallets.

Quote:

Something more like user demands, not requests, where each passing update is weighed against them.

Ahhhhh.... you want a wishlist for people to add to, then hold Apple 'accountable' when they don't give everyone what they want.

Um, I'm really not seeing that as a productive thing to be honest. \

I only see that leading to "See?!? Apple doesn't listen to its customers because *I* didn't get neon pink window titlebars! Waaaaaaaaah!"

Quote:

That's not to say I'm picturing people picketing with signs saying "GIVE US BACK OUR SOUNDSETS!"

But close.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Plus hell will freeze over before Mac users agree on what they want in the next update.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This wouldn't really be the right place for such a thing anyway. Apple has blocked access to AI from their corporate computers in the past, and while that might not be true now, I don't think being a rumormonger sight would give us much credibility in their eyes even if they can see these pages now.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I only see that leading to "See?!? Apple doesn't listen to its customers because *I* didn't get neon pink window titlebars! Waaaaaaaaah!"

Yeah, I see your point, but still I'm sure some feature requests would rise above the fray.

Also, I'm not saying that Apple should be limited by it's customers. I think they wisely avoided some requests for the simple reason that they had a better way to go (Expose).

Still, makes you wonder how Apple does go about finding out what it's customers want. Has anyone here heard of a Apple doing a customer satisfaction survey or a focus group?

As for AI being the wrong place for this, I'm fine with starting a "Most Wanted" site if there was any chance it could have an impact.