White USB Mouse buying question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am getting really annoyed with the scroll pad on my iBook, it has become so erratic in the last few days that it is almost unusable, I have to continually restrain myself from throwing my iBook across the room! A while back I saw a thing about a third part mouse which looked like the white Apple mouse but had two buttons and a scroller wheel if I remember correctly. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to find out more about this please if possible, I can't remember a name or where I saw it unfortunately! Thanks

Also, how much hassle would it be to get an Apple cordless mouse for my iBook? Is the bluetooth adapator small and cheap?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Anyone? Please help!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    My advise

By other 3rd party mouse and never look back.

You can get more (buttons) for less (money). Apple's mouse is nothing but rip off
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jhazeljhazel Posts: 28member
  • Reply 4 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I was going to recommend the white Logitech USB optical mouse; like the first one in the link above. I bought all 5 of mine at a sale at Frys for $4 each. Never needed to use anything else. They are just great, cheap mice and they don't need drivers in OSX. (There are some, but they are buggy so don't use them.) Heck, I even picked one up for my Grandpa a year ago. No complaints.

8)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ichiban_jayichiban_jay Posts: 660member
    I know what your talking about! the Macmice! the same look as the pro mouse by apple but with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel

http://www.macmice.com/
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jhazeljhazel Posts: 28member
    NICE!!!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Thanks for the help, it was MacMice I had seen before. Only £25, looks as good as the Apple mouse, and with more features - that'll do! I don't really want to bu a mouse by my iBook's trackpad has a mind of it's own! Thanks guys.