Anyone using Google email?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If so do you have an invite that you could send me?

PLEASE.

I've heard that it is great.

brendan pierce at y@hoo d.o.t. com

all one word.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    I would appriciate it too, I've been waiting for the longest time for someone i know to get it/ or the end of beta. Thanks

[email protected]
  • Reply 2 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I have an account (and I love it)

If I have invites, I'll invite you two. But I have a hunch that Google has ceased supplying invites after several sites devoted to giving people Gmail accounts went up. Google probably isn't ready for so many people at this stage, and they already have more than enough beta testers.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    millsdudemillsdude Posts: 135member
    I read somewhere recently that they were still giving out invites. I think the more you use it the more invites you get.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    ipenguinipenguin Posts: 10member
    I think they made a serious statement about the new rule which states you are not allowed to sell them, I don't know if they are totally ceasing to supply them or not. I do know that they give you invites to give out to other people at random times. So you may have to receive a bit of emails before they allow you to share them. I heard something like that. It amy be different for everybody. \
  • Reply 5 of 13
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    I've been using a gmail account for about two weeks now (thanks to a kind invite from Mrs. midwinter)...but I have yet to recieve any invites to give out myself. Not sure if this is related to account activity or Google's rollout plan...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

I would appriciate it too, I've been waiting for the longest time for someone i know to get it/ or the end of beta. Thanks

[email protected]

I've sent GMail invites to the both of you who asked, compliments of AppleInsider.

Enjoy,

Kasper
  • Reply 7 of 13
    jiminy c.jiminy c. Posts: 101member
    AppleInsider's giving out GMail accounts to newly registered members. I wish I get it too.

If anyone has a spare invite to GMail, just asking.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I hope they crack down on this eBaying invites crap. What's worst is that people are registering e-mail accounts and selling the names, that is total crap. It is a free service and I would be really pissed if I were them.

Of course, they can get around that by loosening up the strings to the invite-purse. I have a 10-deep list of people who want invites from me who probably have no other way of getting them (i.e. - not computer nerds, mostly family).

Come on, Google, give us the gigabytes!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Kasper,

Thanks! Though I could not open the link with Safari. The page never opened. Though it could have been a slow connection. Thanks a lot. My girlfriend now has a working email address.

This site rocks.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

I've sent GMail invites to the both of you who asked, compliments of AppleInsider.

Kasper,

If you are feeling VERY generous, I would love an invite as well!

I would be so happy! (Wow! I figured it out! All I ever needed to be happy was a Gmail invite!)

TIA

Gerald

Email Gerald
  • Reply 11 of 13
    rackhamrackham Posts: 2member
    howdy,

hope to get my hands on one of those gmail giveaways.

what's the story with advertising when using a google account?

cheers,

red
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Does anyone have any idea when the beta period will be over?

Because I don't have any invites and I can't wait to get a Gmail account! It looks really impressive.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Any reason why my Safari wont open gmail?