Star Wars Galaxies for the Mac???

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know if a Star Wars Galaxies version for the Mac will be coming out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Nope
  • Reply 2 of 9
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Why not?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    squozensquozen Posts: 66member
    Because people only port GOOD games to the Mac.

/duck
  • Reply 4 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    and because SOE is worthless
  • Reply 5 of 9
    What's SOE?

What makes Star Wars Galaxies such a bad game?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    squozensquozen Posts: 66member
    SOE is Sony Online Entertainment, and you can find the consensus on SWG on pretty much any MMORPG fansite. It's generally considered to be a resource hog and lacking both in entertaining content and customer support.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    besides which, would you want to port a mediocre MMPORG to the mac platform 6 months before blizzard releases their native MMPORG?

didn't think so.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    what's blizzard coming out with??
  • Reply 9 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

what's blizzard coming out with??

World of Warcraft

blizzard has an excellent track record of producing QUALITY games, and QUALITY mac version of said games. They support the Mac OS very well, they support their games very well(even when initial releases have problems, they are great with patches and updates)

I think WoW should be an amazing game, but I probably won't play it, I don;t want to get sucked into a MMoG

The only one I've played intensely was Planetside, SOE made it, it was an amazing game, but damn SOE's support is terrible, and the game was full of bugs. the only reason I kept playing was because it was super fun conceptually, and super fun in reality, it was just a shoddy build, and the support was terrible.

Planetside was a Massively multiplayer first person shooter, had a lot of flare like unreal tournament, but had all the teamwork of a good MMoG, I hope someone makes another MMoFPS in the future