Backing up large files

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I want to back up my music folder that has 28 gigs on it. I want to copy it to DVD-R because I have a superdrive on the computer it resides on and the computer I want to copy it to has no connectivity. What's the best way to do it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    I got to thinking about this last night whilest backing up 12 gig of raw video, in 98 seperate clips. Had to do a fair bit of dragging and dropping into a Toast window, until the disk was full, but not too full. I have not seen a burning package that will take more data than will fit on one disk, and then burn one after another until all the data is burned. Is there such a beast out there, or does this have to be done manually?

Edit: That said, if the computers are anywhere near each other, you'd probably save time by running a Firewire cable between them, and re-booting one in FW target disk mode. Even time spent lugging a machine across the house would be better than waiting 6 or 7 hours for the DVDs to burn.

CV
  • Reply 2 of 2
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    The other computer is at my weekend house so it's pretty far away. I also wouldn't mind having a backup of my music anyway.