Movie: Alien vs Predator

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm kind of ashamed to admit this, but I'm really looking forward to this movie. Any excuse to see two types of aliens battle it out as Marines add their own ammo to the corssfire is a good excuse to me. (It seems a little odd that Marines would be sent in as a part of an archeological find anyway, but...)

I still haven't seen either of the originals. Shoot me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Predator is one of my all-time favorite action movies, and Alien is one of my favorite sci-fi/horror movies. AvP the game, is pretty fun. I never read the comics, save for one issue that was kind of lame. The Movie should be entertaining.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'm going to see it. The Predator is going to kick the Xenomorphs slimy ass. You heard it hear first.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    I'm with hmurchison, the Predators are going to kick some serious ass. Im definatley seeing this one ASAP.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Remember that other great attempt to cross movie characters? Freddie Vs. Jason...
  • Reply 5 of 23
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Remember that other great attempt to cross movie characters? Freddie Vs. Jason...

Those two characters didn't have access to the arsenal these two have.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I'm looking forward to this also. However I just have this awful feeling that hollywod will dumb it up. I really hope I'm wrong and are pleasently surprised.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

i'm not sure if you meant that as a jab, but freddy vs. jason not only did remarkably well for what it was, but played to the camp that both franchises has become. oscar-winning material? not by a long shot. but if you went in wanting a weird, campy time, then it was a good flick.

btw, if there is an alien BORN from a predator, i predict that lone predalien will kick all sorts of unholy ass.

• Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

btw, if there is an alien BORN from a predator, i predict that lone predalien will kick all sorts of unholy ass.

Wow, I never even thought of the implications of that. That would be worth the price of admission alone.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I personally think that it'll end in a draw between alien and predator. (Or there'll be some kind of cliffhanger)

Remember, there are thousands of aliens, and just a tribe of predators.

But yes, the weaponry of the Preds kicks ass.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Placebo, first of all, why would you feel shame? This is POTENTIALLY a great match up for any sci-fi/horror fan!

Both AvP1 and AvP2 were outstanding games. Dark Horse comics had some outstanding crossover series. It should be good stuff if, as has been pointed out, Hollywood doesn't "dumb" it down too much. I love this stuff...
  • Reply 11 of 23
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I totally loved Aliens, liked Predator. Completed first AvP game with both Alien and Predator, hard (?) difficulty (one of my mates completed Marine, now that was some scary shit). We also played species match on LAN (4+ Marines vs 1-2 Aliens vs 1 Predator, somewhat disarmed Predator. I did a little "roleplaying" with Predator instead of racking up maximum kills). AvP had awesome gameplay. Also, the single player endings (and what little plot there was) left a lasting impression. Unfortunately, I felt AvP2 didn't focus on smoothing the gameplay and adding essential things, it changed the basic recipe too much. I barely played it.

As much as I'd like to see Aliens vs. Predator directed in the spirit of Aliens and Predator, or even a watchable rendition, we're not going to get it. Expect Mortal Kombat. *shudder*
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Placebo, first of all, why would you feel shame? This is POTENTIALLY a great match up for any sci-fi/horror fan!

Well, the concept of just matching two species of horror flick aliens, solely for the satisfaction of watching them tear each other apart.

I guess I feel half a spectator in a gladiation match, and half an enthusiast of lowbrow action films.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Which of the cast members do you think will run for governor?

Considering there were 3 candidates (2 successful) in the first Predator movie, I'm saying 5 of the actors in this movie will run for governor at some point, with 3 winning.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Whoops. Make that at least 4 gubernatorial candidates.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I'm going to see it. The Predator is going to kick the Xenomorphs slimy ass. You heard it hear first.

AVP is gona r0xor my box0r!

Cant wait!
  • Reply 16 of 23
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    For those of you who don't know, it's a few predators vs. a lot of aliens. I think I posted a thread about this movie a year ago, because when I heard that it might come out I got all giddy.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Yeah, it's like five predators against a hive of Aliens. The cool thing is that the five predators will have distinguishing facial features, so you start to think of them as individuals, and the aliens as a torrent of bipedal acid.

Neat video: Making of the Creatures
  • Reply 18 of 23
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    That's a really shweet vid...
  • Reply 19 of 23
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Are they going to have distinct predator characters? Scenes with only predators in them? With (possibly crap) subtitles in case of hard-of-thought audiences/writing?
  • Reply 20 of 23
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I wonder if it would be possible to have a "hot" female predator? ...or is the "ugly MF" predator ugly no matter what sex it is? I can't even imagine 2 predators making out! I mean, how would that work? They got no lips!