FLASH question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a movie that is a basic animation that i will import into Director to use.

I output it as an FLA file and it plays too slowly . . . the only way that I can get it to play at a decent speed . . . even with the Frame rate at 120fps . .. is to publish as HTML . . .

So,

Either, how do I take the HTML Flash movie and extract teh flash element so I can use it in Director?

or

How do I recompress and recompress my animation (without having to redo all of the symbol-construction) before exporting as an SWF Flash file so that it will play at a decent speed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dmingaydmingay Posts: 2member
    It may be one or more issues, some that spring to mind are:

size of animation (heightXwidth) coupled with what you're trying to do on it.

I presume it plays faster when you make the window smaller? Moving large bits of graphics such as bitmaps and change alpha channels will slow it down too, as well as big colour changes.

the speed of computer you have. Flash renders on the fly, so the speed of computer will affect how fast it runs - what else you have running in the background, how much memory you have etc will also effect it. All but the latest G5 Mac plays Flash significantly slower than PCs.

Does it play ok straight from Flash (Apple - Enter)?

Have you set the FPS in Directer correctly? I haven't used Directer for a long time, so am not 100% sure how much control Director has over imported Flash FPS settings or whther it can run two different FPS's

If you can post it somewhere, I'll take a look at it - it's what I do for a living, so I'm sure I can help.

Regards

David

Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I have a movie that is a basic animation that i will import into Director to use.

I output it as an FLA file and it plays too slowly . . . the only way that I can get it to play at a decent speed . . . even with the Frame rate at 120fps . .. is to publish as HTML . . .

So,

Either, how do I take the HTML Flash movie and extract teh flash element so I can use it in Director?

or

How do I recompress and recompress my animation (without having to redo all of the symbol-construction) before exporting as an SWF Flash file so that it will play at a decent speed?

• Reply 2 of 3
    rberry88rberry88 Posts: 30member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmingay

it's what I do for a living, so I'm sure I can help.

Regards

David

[HIJACK]

While you're at it, can you send me some graphics skills, I get tired of making all my animations with stick people.

[/HIJACK]

rberry88
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dmingaydmingay Posts: 2member
    Now that I will charge for!