Thoughts about my site

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have had my website active for about two months, and I just have given it a MAJOR redesign.

If you have the time, I would appreciate any feedback.

The url is:

http://www.uneasysilence.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    I like it, particularly the main / blog page. It's different (at least, it is to me. I don't think I've seen a frame looking like a transparent foreground Window on any other web pages before. Kind of reminds me of the way I have the Terminal set up on my Mac). The only thing that I think might benefit from a change would be increased contrast of the text against the dark parts of the backgound image. A slightly larger version of font might work either. Color scheme, images and everything else I think looks great.

The Forum and Gallery work less well I think. Both of them (but particularly the Forum) seem kind of cramped in the frame, force the user to scroll sideways.

I'm at work, so I'm viewing the site via IE 6 on a Win2k box with a Screen area of 1024 X 768.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    It breaks in Safari. The top and middle scrolling part aren't aligned.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

I like it, particularly the main / blog page. It's different (at least, it is to me. I don't think I've seen a frame looking like a transparent foreground Window on any other web pages before. Kind of reminds me of the way I have the Terminal set up on my Mac). The only thing that I think might benefit from a change would be increased contrast of the text against the dark parts of the backgound image. A slightly larger version of font might work either. Color scheme, images and everything else I think looks great.

The Forum and Gallery work less well I think. Both of them (but particularly the Forum) seem kind of cramped in the frame, force the user to scroll sideways.

I'm at work, so I'm viewing the site via IE 6 on a Win2k box with a Screen area of 1024 X 768.

I'll have to fix that
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by UNEASYsilence

I have had my website active for about two months, and I just have given it a MAJOR redesign.

If you have the time, I would appreciate any feedback.

The url is:

http://www.uneasysilence.com

Fixed the above errors - THANKS.

The forums are also going on a diet to get a bit thinner!