New iMac will be announced on August 31 - Thinksecret.com

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    thanks!
  • Reply 2 of 22
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Yeah that was a stretch to predict that one.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    david_ocdavid_oc Posts: 90member
    Think Secret: Special Subject - The Bleeding Obvious
  • Reply 4 of 22
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Wow! They're gonna get creamed by Apple's legal people
  • Reply 5 of 22
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    I wouldn't bash them too much. They've been the most reliable site for Mac rumors for years.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    charlesscharless Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by david_oc

Think Secret: Special Subject - The Bleeding Obvious

What's so obvious about announced Aug. 31, available Sept. 15? With Apple, if they say "September", you figure they probably mean September 30.

I agree with TS that it would be smarter for them to announce right when it's available to take advantage of the buzz. Since many people will be expecting Sept. 30 anyway, Sept. 15 and "Available now" would be a welcome surprise.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

I wouldn't bash them too much. They've been the most reliable site for Mac rumors for years.

They play it safe and near the date that things will happen. Most reliable, maybe. Most predictory, not by a long shot!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The thing that kills me is the attitude you read about having the iMac actually available a whole 2 weeks later. They make it sound like it's coming in two months. Remember the original iMac announcement and the countdown to that one's launch? The wait didn't hurt too much. On the contrary, it built up the hype.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    (A) it will be announced at the keynote address on Tuesday, August 31 and (B) won't start shipping until around September 15. Yes, in its classic style, Apple apparently will announce a new iMac and not take advantage of the buzz it has created by shipping the products weeks later -- again.

Hmm, I think they need to check their facts. A two week wait for delivery is extremely short in comparisson to the 2 months i waited for my iMac, when I ordered on the day of its introduction.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    xtremextreme Posts: 27member
    from: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43690&perpage=40&highli ght=kasper&pagenumber=1

"AppleInsider has obtained a rough sketch of the new consumer

desktop, but is still seeking confirmation of its accuracy."

my question is, whatever happened to that sketch? we've heard no word on it since that article was posted.

why not post it, just for "food for thought"...

admins?
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Yes, admins?
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Mayhap the cocktail napkin it was scribbled on was tossed out with the dozens of empty bottles of Ouzo that were also laying on the floor.

• Reply 14 of 22
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    What did they mean by," Yes, in its classic style." Does it mean they are going back to crt imac?
  • Reply 15 of 22
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Yup, returning to a 9 inch color CRT with a 3 1/2 inch floppy drive.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Yup, returning to a 9 inch color CRT with a 3 1/2 inch floppy drive.

Not saying the original imac but, similar. Maybe kills the emac or make the emac a low end headless mac. The imac goes back to $799 with the 17" crt designed around the similar design of the original imac.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    What happened to Mac OS Rumors? The site seems to have dissapeared.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

What did they mean by," Yes, in its classic style." Does it mean they are going back to crt imac?

Not at all...

"Yes, in its classic style, Apple apparently will announce a new iMac and not take advantage of the buzz it has created by shipping the products weeks later -- again."

As in:

It's classic Apple style to announce something that isn't shipping till some time in the future. And as Apple vets will quickly agree - it **is** 'classic Apple style'

Dave
  • Reply 19 of 22
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    I guess August 31st is OK, but would prefer Apple to announce the new iMac NOW, start taking orders NOW and build up one hell of a back log of orders. The only thing that I can see holding this up is that they want to see a solid pre-production test computer operating before letting it go public.
  • Reply 20 of 22