FruityLoops for Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi I switched from PC to mac about 1 year 1/2 ago, and one of the things I miss the most is the FruityLoops program. For those who dont know it, its a program that allows you to create music using loops and keyboards etc... Is there a similar *good* program for the mac? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Garabeband in iLife 4

On the higher end Ableton Live.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I tried the Live demo, and fruitloops is still far superior ill keep looking.. Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by broso007

I tried the Live demo, and fruitloops is still far superior ill keep looking.. Thanks!

Why is it far superior? The Fruityloops loop format certainly isn't superior. But what from Fruityloops other than the loop format is superior?

Maybe you need Soundtrack?

http://www.apple.com/soundtrack/
  • Reply 4 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Ableton Live 4 will dominate Fruityloops in features. But then again it's $500. Fruityloops has it's own well crafted niche. I tried it once and couldn't get into it but then again that was a bootleg. I'm sure it has great qualities.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Uh...Garageband has everything that Fruityloops had, and then some.

Too bad there isn't a demo; try going to an Apple store if you live near one.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Fruity Loops is much more than a loop sequencer. http://www.e-officedirect.com/FLStud...sh/frames.html

VSTi support in GarageBand would be very nice.

As for broso007, Propellerheads Reason 2.5 is really good stuff as well. Doesn't support external virtual instruments, so I guess it's a no-no if you own plenty of those, but you should consider it if you don't. At least I love this app. In the finishing stage of a new track as we speak.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thanks!

Thats why i was saying that fruityloops its better, cause its not only a loop sequencer, it has err mm "Instrument generators" , and so many other features that i didnt see on the other packages, i will give that other app a try... Thank all of you!