Teatime

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's teatime here in London. I like tea. Tea is nice. Recently I've got very into tea, buying this über gourmet shit from a stall in South London: toasted Korean leaves to be brewed at 80 degrees, Japanese twigs, Chinese Jasmine tea where the leaves are pressed between layers twice their weight of jasmine flowers. I have five airtight jars made from recycled Illy coffee jars.

I love tea.

Tea? Tea is lovely.

Bring me a cup of tea.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Yeah, Tea's not bad, I don't really drink it a lot, but every once in a while it really hits the spot.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ah, tea, another one of nature's laxatives.

You use bags or are you hardcore and use a strainer? I hope you pre-heat the serving pot (swishing hot water around in it) so the tea won't cool when you transfer it from the kettle.

pinkies out!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    I loved tea (and coffee, colas etc) until I discovered that it was the caffeine that induced panic attacks.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Each time I am in Berlin I visit this Tea house that serves the best afternoon tea ever. 15? for a pot of tea and 8-10 small sandwiches and 4-5 pieces of cake and muffins. Heaven for two hours.

Its just next to american embassy. Check it out if you ever come to Berlin.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

I loved tea (and coffee, colas etc) until I discovered that it was the caffeine that induced panic attacks.

Aha. I'm brewing, right now, this second, a pot of Japanese twigs and leaves. I think it's the most delicious of my teas. I can't remember the name, but oh I love it. Thing is, it's very low in caffeine. I think most green teas are.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Ah, tea, another one of nature's laxatives.

You use bags or are you hardcore and use a strainer? I hope you pre-heat the serving pot (swishing hot water around in it) so the tea won't cool when you transfer it from the kettle.

pinkies out!

No strainer, no bags: leaves go in pot and pot is Japanese stylee, with little holes at the junction of the spout and the pot. Damn, I wish you could smell this stuff.

I'm really getting into the whole tea-as-stuff thing. I choose my tea, switch on the kettle, put a pinch of tea into the pot, fill the pot and then fill my favourite teacup, which is white and handle-less, again and again.

Yum.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Its just next to american embassy. Check it out if you ever come to Berlin.

<stored in long term memory>

I recently dicovered how much nicer tea is than instant coffee. I think this thread may encourage me to try some other teas than Tetley.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Apparently tea has more caffeine than coffee

It obviously depends on what kind of tea and coffee you're talking about. But usually the averages you see show that coffee has about 3 times more caffeine than tea.