Where's the scoop?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    100,000,000th iTunes song on Monday.

New iMacs announced (product pages) on Tuesday. Shipping mid-August.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Maybe they are waiting for the Geforce 6800 graphics card which are shipping end of August.

Okay, so I was just joking.

Maybe they ran late on the new case design or cooling system?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    From what I was told at WWDC the iMac was still in testing stages. This is why it hasn't been officially announced. It would have been too pre-mature to announce.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

From what I was told at WWDC the iMac was still in testing stages. This is why it hasn't been officially announced. It would have been too pre-mature to announce.

Odd. This seems to indicate that they are still way off from final testing.

Are they sure they can finish all tests and certify the new iMacs until September? If they really want to ship iMacs in September, as announced, they have little more than 7 weeks.

They're probably crossing all available fingers and toes hoping that they won't stumble on any issues. If they do, good night.

In any case, from this it seems that if they really ship in September, then those new iMacs will be one hell of a 'Revision A' product...

Good luck!

They'll need it.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    personally, I think the reason for the 2 month wait for the iMac, is because the new iMac g5 will be so much better, and there would be plenty of pissed people, if you bought the old iMac a week before the new one. 2 months, negates any claim that if you buy an iMac g4 now, you didn't know a new one was coming.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

personally, I think the reason for the 2 month wait for the iMac, is because the new iMac g5 will be so much better, and there would be plenty of pissed people, if you bought the old iMac a week before the new one. 2 months, negates any claim that if you buy an iMac g4 now, you didn't know a new one was coming.

I would say that's a perfectly fine retroactive justification but probably not the actual reason.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I would think that if Apple were to use 1.6 and 1.8 GHz 970fx G5 chips they would have been ready a month or two ago. At those lower clock speeds there shouldn't be a problem so I don't think that is the holdup. I wish they would take advantage of the hype and post a new hint each week until the official introduction.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

I wish they would take advantage of the hype and post a new hint each week until the official introduction.

Kinda like those teasers for the Dodge Viper or Ford GTO (I forget which) that was just closeup glimpses of the lines of the car...that would be so cool...