pipes and cigars != smokeing?!?!?!?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
cigar aficionado reports that cigar and pipe smokers are non-smokers on insurance policies in some companies

Pardon me but a cigar SMOKER smokes, thus they are a smoker right??

I understand that cigarettes are far worse than cigars but maybe they could have two levels of smoker insurance, but pipe/cigar smokers are not non smokers are they?

any insurances adjusters in the house?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

"I lied and said I didn't smoke," said jacket88. "In fact, I lied about a ton of things on that application."

Well, that's a surefire way to save money on your life insurance. He might try the same thing on his taxes, too.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Well, that's a surefire way to save money on your life insurance. He might try the same thing on his taxes, too.

aw hell, he probably does.

he is also most likely cheating on his wife, Bill Clinton taught rich republicans that cigars are good for more than smokin' if ya know what I mean
  • Reply 3 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I could be wrong, but I don't think they're quite as bad for you, because you don't inhale nearly as much. But they can cause mouth cancer and things like that.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Well since the proper way to enjoy a pipe or cigar doesn't involve inhaling any smoke, I can see why they wouldn't classify them as smokers. Out of curiosity, if a cigarette smoker lies about his habit does it void his insurance policy if he dies from lung cancer or emphysema?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    If you lied about smoking to the insurance company, they could rescind the policy or dismiss any claims if you were killed by being hit by a bus.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i thought i heard recently that cigars and pipes are just as bad, possibly worse since you inhale smoke with no filter. i'll have to see if i can find a link.

edit. i guess maybe it should depend on how much you smoke. i think my dad smokes 2-3 a day, but if you only smoke one once a month then i can see "maybe" that's it's smoking
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Great, now it's turned into a game played by lawyers.

Grow a set, and make smoking something that has to be licensed to keep track of all these liars. And this is coming from someone who smokes!

Better yet, make it illegal. All us smokers will go crazy for a month, and then that's it! This is getting ridiculous. Either it is a legal substance or it is evil - make a choice!