Britney Spear's Subliminal Message?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OMG! Check this page out:

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/br...ubliminal.html

They showed that when you play a certain part of "hit me baby one more time" It becomes "sleep with me I'm not too young"

I verified it by taking the sound and using Quicktime to chop it up, I then changed it to wav format and used sound recorder (on windows) to reverse it. It seriously does it!

how do they do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, the "sleep with me" is reaching a bit, but the "i'm not too young" is legit... and really weird
  • Reply 2 of 15
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    It's just a coincidence. Record your voice saying "With you I lose my mind, give me a sign" and then play it backwards. It sounds remarkably similar to the way it sounds in Britney's song.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Haha. I have a large collection of these backwards music clips. Some are real - there's a real message in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and a couple of others. Others, like Led Zep's Stairway Heaven ("here's to my sweet satan") and Queen's "Another one bites the dust ("it's fun to smoke marijuana") and lots of others, are just coincidences.

You can get so you can hear the difference between a real backward message and one based on someone's overactive imagination. Whenever it sounds like regular singing/talking forwards, it's not real.

This one is a good one though. It sounds better than most I've heard. What's the name of the song/album?
  • Reply 4 of 15
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    OK, thanks to a little "bad karma" I aquiered the song and chopped it then reversed it and sure enough it was there, leaving me one nagging question: who finds this stuff, really, who the hell listens to music backwards just to find some little coincidence that they can call "evil subliminal messages" or "satistic communications" and I dont buy that it is intentional for one second, moddern comercial music lables/artists/writers/producers dont think about subliminal messages when putting an alblum together, they think about the fat pay day when it goes gold/platinum.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Yes., a very good example, and coincidence. Sample a phrase of anything sung or spoken, and play it backwards, and after a few auditions you will most probably hear something within that approximates something else of a completely different meaning, forwards. Same with images...people see, for example, faces in all kinds of everyday objects.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Oh, and the message "sleep with me I'm not too young" hardly needs to be subliminal in Britney's music and videos. It's all very supraliminal.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The Carpenters clearly sang about "video" and I bet they hadn´t heard the word!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

[B]Haha. I have a large collection of these backwards music clips. Some are real - there's a real message in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and a couple of others. Others, like Led Zep's Stairway Heaven ("here's to my sweet satan") and Queen's "Another one bites the dust ("it's fun to smoke marijuana") and lots of others, are just coincidences.

You can get so you can hear the difference between a real backward message and one based on someone's overactive imagination. Whenever it sounds like regular singing/talking forwards, it's not real.

Absolutely correct. Andy Johns, who produced Led Zeppelin IV said that the technique of "backmasking" ie embedding hidden messages in songs in reverse is a myth, originally perpetrated by a California committee of parents and religious leaders who set out to prove that rock music was leading our children down the path to the . This rumor has been laughed out of court by anyone who knows anything about sound and sound engineering. The brain cannot decipher backwards information unless it is specifically engaged for that purpose.

and...Pink Floyd used the technique to poke fun at people who would actually play records backwards....

• Reply 9 of 15
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Does Quicktime Player actually play the video backwards (hit cmd + left when focused on the player)? It seems to play sound backwards but in normal order snippets.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    perhaps we should take some creationist audio books and play them backwards
  • Reply 11 of 15
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

Does Quicktime Player actually play the video backwards (hit cmd + left when focused on the player)? It seems to play sound backwards but in normal order snippets.

correct, I used qt to isolate the clip and export as a wave then used windows sound recorder.
  • Reply 13 of 15

And I remain just as skeptical.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Oh, brother! Next you'll be telling me Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy...