new diaplay design

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
looks like apple borrowed the new display design, check this out linky linky

outside of the aluminum, it looks nearly identical, but with a much better price.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    1. Refurbished

2. 25ms pixel response

3. Not widescreen.

I do like NEC monitors though.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    The stands of both displays are similar to that of the original NeXT displays. That is, the foot extends beyond the display toward the user.

I think such a stand really gives the display personality, while maintaining a professional look.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

1. Refurbished

2. 25ms pixel response

3. Not widescreen.

I do like NEC monitors though.

And it doesn't appear to have 2 USB and 2 FW ports.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Looks like the upright part of the stand is vertical, unlike the new Apple displays ( upright angles back towards the display ).

That format is very common, foot at front of upright column, Viewsonic, Dell and Iyama all use it. Ironicaly, I think the first display to exhibit that design was the original Apple Studio Display 15", which looks pretty much identical to Dell's current range of stands ( of course it was bondi blue or graphite in those days ).

I personally think that it is a very workable, flexible design for a stand, which offers vertical as well as horizontal adjustment.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    That Mitsu has a cheap plastic case as well.

Would like to see if it has the same clean wiring that Apples does also.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

outside of the aluminum, it looks nearly identical, but with a much better price.

Except that Apple's design is, you know, attractive. :-/
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by a10t2

Except that Apple's design is, you know, attractive. :-/

I finally watched the WWDC keynote today.

My immediate thought - how do i hook that 30" into my Tivo?

And pictured chucking cad corner, 2 displays, one TV, old CPU, the stereo/TV cabinet and ALL it's contents (except my Tivo) out the window.

And doubling the usable space in my apartment.

Ah, there I sit: bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my coffee table, plopped in front of my expensive new 30" 'TV', using Expose to go back and forth from TV to Mac. Should I get a barco-lounger?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    [good-natured sarcasm]

You're absolutely right...except for the fact that the Apple screen has an aluminum case, a swooping curved foot, built-in Firewire and USB ports, a wide-screen aspect, a higher contrast ratio and a lower response time...except for those minor nitpicks, they're just about identical. After all, they both have smallish bezels and sit on a foot.

[/good-natured sarcasm]

Check out the side view of the new ACD...it really shows off the unique styling.