iTMS purchase song twice

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have over 4,000 songs in my iTunes and have recently started to buy compilations. I have accidentially purchaced the same song twice.

Does anyone know how to prevent this? (Other than searching for each song in my library)

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I kinda wish there were a intelligent purchase button that would show a list of any close matches in your playlist before purchasing.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Send an email to Apple tech support and tell them what happened, give them your account # etc...and then maybe they will send you a gift certificate.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    If you went to a real CD store at a shopping centre, and you bought a CD and took it home knowing that it had a song you already owned on it, it's not the music store's fault...

I personally don't see any reason why Apple should reimburse you the price of the song purchased twice.

I am assuming here, that you bought the album with a song on it you already had, not a selection of songs from the album...

My $0.02. m.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    If you dont open the CD you should expect to be able to return it for store credit.

This happened to me with a DVD, I was buying the Robotech series and I accidently bought one I already had. When Suncoast asked me why I was returning it, I told them I already had it. She looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo but she did the refund anyway.

I would like to think the Apple store could examine your purchasing record and see oh yes, he/she did infact purchase this song twice.

I nearly did this myself the other day.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Just to clear up the issue:

If I try to buy a song from iTMS a second a second time I get a warning popup. This is good.

If I try to buy a song that is in my Library (imported from CD), no warning. This is my issue.