100,000,000 Songs Downloaded !!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
That's it APPLE has sold 100,000,000 through the iTunes music store!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    jhazeljhazel Posts: 28member
    They're still a little ways out from it. 10 minutes ago they were at 99,970,000 so we probably have 45 minutes left...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Isn't it amazing the rate of songs sold over the week (specially over the weekend).
  • Reply 3 of 13
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    I got a shopping cart of 500 songs ready to purchase. that 100.000.000h song is mine!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

I got a shopping cart of 500 songs ready to purchase. that 100.000.000h song is mine!

fuck, i was ready to, the counter jumped from 99,992,xxx to over 100 million

ah well. congrats apple. killer promotion
  • Reply 5 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Its funny how clogged up it was between 99,992,etc and 100,033etc . . . i managed to purchase 8 songs in that time . . . the most I ever spent at once . . . without those bottle tops that is . . .

I'm crossing my fingers.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    You greedy bastards go in my way. Way to go Apple ..man that was one hell of a burst at the end there.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    ooops . . .make that eight songs . . .and they're all great songs . . . except for one that is merely semi-ok . . .

must sleep now and dream about 17 inch portable computers while listening to stereolab over and over
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    I was able to purchase four or five. I honestly cannot remember if it was four or five, but I also did that in the period between the last update and when it ticked over 100 million.

The first two I purchased shortly after the last update, and I'm thinking those two are the ones with the best shot at winning.

500 songs? Are you serious? Wow!

Someone will probably win who was just sending a link to a friend. Did you read the rules? We didn't have to be buying music, for we could have been simply emailing our friends something, and that would enter us. It is in the official rules. However, that sounded boring. I sure hope the winner actually won by buying a song.

Remember contests in America, you never have to buy anything.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    They've got the winner's name posted now:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/100million/

Kevin Britten of Hays Ellis, Kansas

"He will receive a 17-inch PowerBook, a 40GB iPod, and a gift certificate for 10,000 iTunes songs"

Congrats, very nice.

Although "lucky bastard" would be a more honest response...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tuttle

Although "lucky bastard" would be a more honest response...

I second that.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    jhazeljhazel Posts: 28member
    Congratulations Kevin!! And THANKS Apple for a great promotion!!

My hope is that this was a PC user and not a Mac-faithful. A lot of PC users will not use a Mac unless it was given to them. Maybe this will be his "switch" story!

Josh
  • Reply 12 of 13

• Reply 13 of 13
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    Nope, he's a mac fan.