gmail promotion

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I think this is cool but why not pick a few existing members of the community too, I want a gmail account as bad as any n00b, and I am pretty sure that a few other members may agree.

do we really want a rush of current members signing up for new accounts that they will not ever use just for a chance to win the prize, cant say that I myself am not tempted, but self control says no.

FYI

details

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I may be out of line, but this doesn't surprise me...

Kasper cares about the number of eyeballs that get to see his ads... he couldn't care LESS about the community...

This promotion is designed to bring NEW people to the community, that is fine. But it IS overlooking the rest of the community that has been here since before Kasper was here in the first place...

This is just an example of how much thought Kasper puts into the forums and what he thinks of the actual members...

He could have at least linked to the "gmail swap" thread (where he has posted) in the article for existing members to attempt to get accounts...

Gmail in GD (Jambo)

Gmail in AO (blackwind212)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Hmm...how interesting. I didn't join specifically to get a Gmail account (although it would be nice to have one) - my reason for registering was to contribute to the AppleInsider community.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wrldwzrd89

Hmm...how interesting. I didn't join specifically to get a Gmail account (although it would be nice to have one) - my reason for registering was to contribute to the AppleInsider community.

Thats great, but my geekier half has wanted gmail since day one, and I would do a lot for an invite, even make a bogus yahoo box and use that to join and get the invite...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rberry88rberry88 Posts: 30member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Thats great, but my geekier half has wanted gmail since day one, and I would do a lot for an invite, even make a bogus yahoo box and use that to join and get the invite...

I'm game, just what do you have to offer??

rberry