Office Depot is now an Apple Auth reseller

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Good News

Damned if OD now is closes Mac reseller to me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Yay!

Finally an Apple Authorized Reseller in town!

The University is of course an Apple dealer, but they no longer carry much of any inventory. They just direct you to their custom Apple Store for Education.

This is great news! Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Good News

Damned if OD now is closes Mac reseller to me.

CRAP, office depot was supposed to come to town years ago, it never happend so looks like apple store in indy is my place
  • Reply 3 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Ummm. I guess they have current iMacs even if Apple doesn't. I wonder if they will have product in stores or just on the web?

A.I. Update. No product in stores yet. Coming soon.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Yep. I work at Office Depot and saw this on our website a few days ago. The skus ARE active in store, so I think it is only a matter of time now...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Apple needs more resellers, this is good. How else will those Pc users ever find out there is better then Microstink and all the stench that comes with it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Yep. I work at Office Depot and saw this on our website a few days ago. The skus ARE active in store, so I think it is only a matter of time now...

You'll have fun playing on them.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

Apple needs more resellers, this is good. How else will those Pc users ever find out there is better then Microstink and all the stench that comes with it.

I agree. If you have the great selection of Apples right there on the shelf, people are bound to say "Hey, that looks cool. I want that one!"

However, a few years ago I was looking at an Apple at a Sears, and the representative did everything within his power to talk me out if it. "You won't be happy with that. Go with a PC." haha.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

I agree. If you have the great selection of Apples right there on the shelf, people are bound to say "Hey, that looks cool. I want that one!"

However, a few years ago I was looking at an Apple at a Sears, and the representative did everything within his power to talk me out if it. "You won't be happy with that. Go with a PC." haha.

yeah, if office depot is not willign to train their reps, you'll have another best buy all over again.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I know this sounds extremely arrogant but some of you all have probably had the same experience.

"I have never met a computer salesperson more knowledgable about computers than myself"

I'm glad that OD is getting Macs. Hopefully they will have decent training on iLife and most of all good overall sales training.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    As far as the training goes, I sure hope they do. I started working there about a year ago as a cashier, and wthin the last 2 months have been moved completely to technology. Fortunately for me, the other 2 tech guys have developed an interest in Macs as I have always talked about 'em, so you can be sure I will be teaching them what they need to know. The worst part about the job these last couple of months has been the fact that I only had pc's to sell, and some people even have been asking if we had Macs, so this will be a definite improvement. And yes, I am sure I will have lots of fun playing on 'em. Here is to hoping we do not get the old cinema displays in... Just the new ones...