Check out CatScan!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
If you have not already check out CatScan, my new interface recourse collector. The basic idea is you drag in any Application or folder and it scans it for any images/icons, Nibs, and HTML files. It then will display them all as thumbnails in an easy to read grid layout. It has a bunch of cool flashy fun stuff also .

Download CatScan

or

Checkout more info

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Interesting, although I myself have no use for it (at least at the moment: unemployed and not really doing any thing too file centric). But I could easily see it being useful during production/development situations.

I epsecially love the path breadcrumb UI:

Looks cool...that must be custom, I've never seen it before.

Really wish Safari had a page history breadcrumb bar in that style.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Interesting, although I myself have no use for it (at least at the moment).

keep it around. I'll bet you'll find your self needing it soon.

Quote:

However I do love the path UI:

Looks cool...that must be custom, I've never seen it before. [/B]

Yep that is totally custom. Glad you like it.

What do you think of the lens?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yeah I updated my post to reflect my seeing it will be useful.

Lens is cool. Wish the Finder could could that. Do you plan to make the size adjustable? Not sure the mag is big enough but maybe I missed something.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Yeah I updated my post to reflect my seeing it will be useful.

Lens is cool. Wish the Finder could could that. Do you plan to make the size adjustable? Not sure the mag is big enough but maybe I missed something.

no I like to only have preferences where they are absolutely necessary. If people REALLY want it was will add it but right now it does not seem like people care. It is just cool out of the box .
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Michaelm8000

no I like to only have preferences where they are absolutely necessary. If people REALLY want it was will add it but right now it does not seem like people care. It is just cool out of the box .

As you say, perhaps it's not needed. The fact that it previews things so well at all helps, regardless of the mag.

But were you to implement it someday, perhaps it need not be a preference but instead keyboard shortcuts, like cmd-plus and cmd-minus ... could increase the lens mag in logical steps.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

As you say, perhaps it's not needed. The fact that it previews things so well at all helps, regardless of the mag.

But were you to implement it someday, perhaps it need not be a preference but instead keyboard shortcuts, like cmd-plus and cmd-minus ... could increase the lens mag in logical steps.

Well we can just wait and see how iPhoto does it when they copy us.