Need help with restoring iTunes purchased music!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

Recently backed up my files so I could install Panther with a clean install.

I have tried restoring my purchased music from the backup DVD, iTunes import will see the songs but they cannot be highlighted or imported.

I backed up my entire iTunes directory. My playlists can be restored, but the 'purchsed music' is blank. I can't find any useful information on Apple site or in help. Wanted to ask here before spending all day on the phone with Apple Support...

The purchased files show up as '.m4p' and have a lock symbol on the icons.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    grafgraf Posts: 22member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

Hi,

Recently backed up my files so I could install Panther with a clean install.

I have tried restoring my purchased music from the backup DVD, iTunes import will see the songs but they cannot be highlighted or imported.

I backed up my entire iTunes directory. My playlists can be restored, but the 'purchsed music' is blank. I can't find any useful information on Apple site or in help. Wanted to ask here before spending all day on the phone with Apple Support...

The purchased files show up as '.m4p' and have a lock symbol on the icons.

When I did something similar, they didn't turn up in Purchased Music, but they were still there in the library. When you try and play them it prompts you for your apple ID and password.