Fontbook vs. Suitcase

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have been using Suitcase up until now to manage my fonts but it's just become a pain in the neck because it always tries to override system fonts (i.e. iCal is a big one).

Is Fontbook a better alternative. I've heard if you have too many fonts active at one time it bogs down your system (which is why I've been using Suitcase so I could turn fonts on and off) - is this true and is it a problem with Fontbook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crystal211

I have been using Suitcase up until now to manage my fonts but it's just become a pain in the neck because it always tries to override system fonts (i.e. iCal is a big one).

Is Fontbook a better alternative. I've heard if you have too many fonts active at one time it bogs down your system (which is why I've been using Suitcase so I could turn fonts on and off) - is this true and is it a problem with Fontbook?

In short: no problem with fontbook. It does what it is supposed to do - managing fonts. I have a system with nearly 1000 fonts. But pace is another question Fontbook is kinda sloooooow...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    arbernautarbernaut Posts: 182member
    Suitcase = okay

FontBook = baaaad

FontAgent Pro = good

While FontAgent Pro is the best of the three, it's not perfect, but is pretty good. Rock Solid (4756 fonts, around 650MB), good interface and faster than the other two when opening fonts. Comes recommended, because I'm sure FontAgent will only get better.

FontBook is a dog.