100,000,000 songs downloaded for free?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else think it's a bit strange to have the following on the Apple site?:

100,000,000 songs have been legally downloaded from the iTunes Music Store. A major milestone for online music.

"free download ->"

ok we know the mean free download of iTunes software by that but still... for peeps that don't visit apple.com often it's a bit misleading.

first it states how a hundred million songs have been downloaded legally then there's a link for a free download.....

call me Bonkers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Marketing. Happens all the time. Caveat Emptor. Next page clearly says "Download iTunes". Nothing to get too uptight about.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jhazeljhazel Posts: 28member
    Okay Bonkers. Seriously, if you haven't been under a rock the last 15 months I think you're probably familiar with the routine. And...since they do offer a free download every week...it's not really misleading if you did interpret it that way :-).
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jhazel

Okay Bonkers. Seriously, if you haven't been under a rock the last 15 months I think you're probably familiar with the routine. And...since they do offer a free download every week...it's not really misleading if you did interpret it that way :-).

Yes but not everyone is like us nutters and checks apple.com several times a day......

do not take for granted the things you take for granted.

anywho, just thought it bit crooked...

call me bonkers
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by jhazel

...since they do offer a free download every week...

Not in Europe . Maybe soon though, after all, the rumours are that the indie labels are ready to go, so who knows, maybe we'll get the free stuff too.

Dave.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

Yes but not everyone is like us nutters and checks apple.com several times a day......

Whew. Someone needs a new hobby me-thinks.

Quote:

call me bonkers

Not crooked at all.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

do not take for granted the things you take for granted.

call me bonkers

yes, my mom thought she had received/won a free download or something. it was an odd placement.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yeah, it stopped me for 28 nanoseconds too. For 16 of those nanoseconds, I thought maybe they were offering to let us download 100,000,000 tracks for free.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Yeah, it stopped me for 28 nanoseconds too. For 16 of those nanoseconds, I thought maybe they were offering to let us download 100,000,000 tracks for free.

hear hear