Does the new Apple Keyboad have USB ports?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just curious, I noticed that they have stopped selling the Pro Keyboard, and was wondering if I ever had to replace mine, would I lose two USB? Can't find any info on it on Apple's site, and can't tell from the picture...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

Just curious, I noticed that they have stopped selling the Pro Keyboard, and was wondering if I ever had to replace mine, would I lose two USB? Can't find any info on it on Apple's site, and can't tell from the picture...

1st of all, you could never use both usb ports b/c of power consumption (at least, in my experiences).

2nd, what do you think this is?

finally, they stopped selling the black keyboard a long time ago, if thats what youre asking about
  • Reply 2 of 4
    leppoleppo Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

1st of all, you could never use both usb ports b/c of power consumption (at least, in my experiences).

I have a G4/400 Sawtooth with a black Apple Pro keyboard and use both USB ports regularly. One has my Logictech optical mouse, the other has my Griffin iMic, which I mostly use to plug headphones into so I don't have to keep pulling the machine out to plug phones into the jack in the back. I use both in tandem and have never had power issues.

However, I did have a power problem once when replacing the iMic with a friend's digital camera. No power, etc, had to plug it in in the back. I'm really psyched to get my dual 2.5, not for the speed alone, but for the convenience of having ports on the front of the machine.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    The USB ports are now located on the back of the new apple keyboard (that ships with the new G5's). I use iLoks for software authorisations and this new position is much more sensible for those, as they always got snagged in the old position on the left or right of the older kbds. Good move Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

The USB ports are now located on the back of the new apple keyboard (that ships with the new G5's). I use iLoks for software authorisations and this new position is much more sensible for those, as they always got snagged in the old position on the left or right of the older kbds. Good move Apple.

OK, that's where I thought they were, it just makes no mention of it on the Apple accessories page...thanks! BTW, how do the keys feel in comparison to the white pro keyboards?