Has anyone recieved their Airport Express?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Mine is due 7/15 ordered on 6/7

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    rlindemanrlindeman Posts: 39member
    Havn't seen mine yet.

New orders have an estimated shipping date of 3-4 weeks.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    The Honoulu store told me they'd be available on the 19th.

This was told me about two weeks ago.
  • Reply 3 of 33
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Mine scheduled to ship "on or before" the 15th. Was hoping for "before"...but obviously, at this point, won't be much before. Only hoping there are no delays. Very anxious to get things going with it. Moved a bunch of things around in anticipation of AExp. Soon will be streaming audio and wirelessly printing. Woo hoo!
  • Reply 4 of 33
    g4 mang4 man Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Mine is due 7/15 ordered on 6/7

Ordered mine the first day they were announced. My shipping date is still on or before 7/15.

Joe
  • Reply 5 of 33
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    I ordered one yesterday. My ship date is on or before

08/09/2004.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    mine is scheduled to be shipped this week.

does anyone know where they are going to originate?
  • Reply 7 of 33
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Mine scheduled to ship on or before the 15th. I was lucky to get an Airport card for me iMac as Apple has stopped selling them! Bad timing I must say
  • Reply 8 of 33
    squozensquozen Posts: 66member
    I ordered mine pretty much the day they were announced, only 2 days to go (the Apple online store still says the 15th)!
  • Reply 9 of 33
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Mine is SHIPPING!!!

WOO HOO!!

• Reply 10 of 33
    Yep, mine is shipping also!!

Joe
  • Reply 11 of 33
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Ordered within an hour of its release and it shipped yesterday - should be here tomorrow. Definitely was important to jump fast as over 80,000 have been sold. That's probably going to be the same with the upcoming iPod and iMac. Move fast or wait.
  • Reply 12 of 33
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

Ordered within an hour of its release and it shipped yesterday - should be here tomorrow. Definitely was important to jump fast as over 80,000 have been sold. That's probably going to be the same with the upcoming iPod and iMac. Move fast or wait.

apparentlly mine got to fedex late in Taiwan they are telling me 16th by 10:30 am. Apparently my Airport Express was late to the airport! Ironic.

But, I am in NYC so, that is halfway across the world.

Perhaps the New USarmy supercomputer doing high velocity aerospace research can come up with a way to scramjet my airport to me.

• Reply 13 of 33
    Mine arrived this morning at 9:07!! Performs as expected. I am currently listening to Brad Pasley coming out of my stereo speakers.

Joe
  • Reply 14 of 33
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    G4 Man, are you using it as a wireless access point? Could you talk about what kind of range it gets? I don't see an antenna on it so I'm a little skeptical but it's just so cool I'll probably end up buying one anyway
  • Reply 15 of 33
    Did you get the optical + RCA cable kit too? If so what length are they?
  • Reply 16 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by live4ever

Did you get the optical + RCA cable kit too? If so what length are they?

Negative on the optical + RCA cable kit, just the AE.

Joe
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by elron

G4 Man, are you using it as a wireless access point? Could you talk about what kind of range it gets? I don't see an antenna on it so I'm a little skeptical but it's just so cool I'll probably end up buying one anyway

I've currently got it plugged into the power strip behind my TV. My Airport Extreme Base Station is in the sewing room about 50 feet away. My bars of reception were at most 2. This is an old house with all wood walls and such. With the Express plugged in the same room as the Powerbook, I now have 3 bars. I thought it would go to 4 bars with no problem , but such is not the case. I haven't tried to walk outside yet to check range due to the extreme Texas heat. It is currently 101, but with the humidity it feels like about 110 or so. I'll do the walk around after the sun goes down.

Joe
  • Reply 18 of 33
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I'm really surprised they were able to collect 80K preorders. That's a lot more than I expected...
  • Reply 19 of 33
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I'm really surprised they were able to collect 80K preorders. That's a lot more than I expected...

Me, too. 80k seems insanely successful. Bravo, Apple.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Any word on the reception of the Airport Express versus the Extreme [when used as a router]?