Someone has won over $900K (US) over 30 days on Jeopardy...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Someone's name is Ken, I believe.

This guy is unbelievable, he has been on for, what seem a month and has racked up $700K. He simply knows every fact, from princes of england, to pop star names of the 80s, to the name of the characters on F-Troop ... he knows everything!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I bet you if Jeopardy ever puts on a Mac category he will lose.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    My bet is it's staged, to create a "millionaire" buzz.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I thought they were tossed after 5 games?
  • Reply 4 of 25
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    they changed that rule sevral years ago now the dont get a car after 5 days but they do get to keep going. Ken is a "software designer" so he probly hates macs.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I don´t have a tv so excuse my ignorance:

Is he jepardizing the 700K each day? Can he loose all that money?
  • Reply 6 of 25
    no the money he has already won is in the bank, so hes in a good position right now with tha much $$$ in the "bank"
  • Reply 7 of 25
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    David Letterman has video evidence that Alex Trebek is in on the fix!
  • Reply 8 of 25
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Let it me known from now on, to people of all ages and walks of life:

Ken Jennings is Google (with a butt).
  • Reply 9 of 25
    I had to revive this topic. I've been watching every day and today Ken can easily break the $1million mark. So some of you might want to tune in and watch tonight.

P.S. Someone with power should change the title of the thread to over "900K"

updated title as requested -- Buon
  • Reply 10 of 25
    I read a short story a few years ago about a girl who became this huge Jeopardy champion because she and her brother had been locked in a room as children with nothing but copies of the Encyclopaedia Britannica. Maybe that's Ken's deal?
  • Reply 11 of 25
    I don't think so. Probly just English minor, writes collage quizbowl questions, very good at guessing
  • Reply 12 of 25
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

they changed that rule sevral years ago now the dont get a car after 5 days but they do get to keep going. Ken is a "software designer" so he probly hates macs.

Actually, the rule change happened this season. Ken is like the 2nd or 3rd person since the change to make it past 5 games.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    He has an earpiece or something somehow connected to Google.

Seriously, they must have some sort of security procedure for devices like that now that computers are wearable.

Maybe it's those glasses that can display a computer screen!
  • Reply 14 of 25
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Small implant morsing the answers to him with small shocks.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Small implant morsing the answers to him with small shocks.

That's what I was thinking. He is a software engineer, maybe he has a cybernetic implant feeding him the answers!

[/conspiracy theory]
  • Reply 16 of 25
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    <considers renting Quiz Show again>

• Reply 17 of 25
    great movie by the way.

P.S. as of 7/14/04 episode Ken is at $1,022,460 USD or close to it
  • Reply 18 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

He has an earpiece or something somehow connected to Google.

Seriously, they must have some sort of security procedure for devices like that now that computers are wearable.

Maybe it's those glasses that can display a computer screen!

or the questions are fixed....you dont see the questions until a contestant chooses the dollar value and it pops up. they could easily give him easier questions than other contestants if they wanted to.

this has been the best thing to happen to the show ever, the ratings are through the roof....they dont want this guy to lose. i think it would be absurb not to think he might be being slipped a few questions that he's more likely to know the answer of. his streak dies, the ratings die

i want to know why it took them this long to get rid of that dumb 5 night rule. clearly they must have thought that if anyone had a long streak it would mean higher ratings.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

i want to know why it took them this long to get rid of that dumb 5 night rule.

This is why. It seems dangerous to have no time limit on a champion. Think about it. He's going to play until someone better than him comes along to beat him. But Jeopardy isn't such a game of chance. It's not "any given Sunday". He's proven he can beat just about anyone else. So how good is the guy gonna be who finally beats him? Good enough to put together a similar, if not longer, streak. Ditto for the guy who beats him. And on. In fact, it's probably even worse than that, since playing for such a long streak gets you very used to the buzzer, and probably makes you more comfortable with being on stage and questioning the type of answers told. It's like if you do the Times crossword every day, you start to catch patterns and "in" clues. So being on longer makes you even harder to beat, which means the guy who finally does beat you has to be that much better, and will be that much harder to beat himself.

Someone needs to come up with a mathematical model for this.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

This is why. It seems dangerous to have no time limit on a champion. Think about it. He's going to play until someone better than him comes along to beat him. But Jeopardy isn't such a game of chance. It's not "any given Sunday". He's proven he can beat just about anyone else. So how good is the guy gonna be who finally beats him? Good enough to put together a similar, if not longer, streak. Ditto for the guy who beats him. And on. In fact, it's probably even worse than that, since playing for such a long streak gets you very used to the buzzer, and probably makes you more comfortable with being on stage and questioning the type of answers told. It's like if you do the Times crossword every day, you start to catch patterns and "in" clues. So being on longer makes you even harder to beat, which means the guy who finally does beat you has to be that much better, and will be that much harder to beat himself.

Someone needs to come up with a mathematical model for this.

someone wins anyway, it isn't costing them more money. so who cares.

he'll fall eventually......no one is perfect