20" displays now shipping!!!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    They will honor Edu pricing on Hardware and AppleCare only, not software. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    beige_g3beige_g3 Posts: 203member
    Ordered a 20 last night. To ship on or before 8/13. I hope it is well before!
  • Reply 23 of 31
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    Just drove quite a ways to pick up a 23"

You can check out some pics here:

http://www.base2.org/~fugimax/weblog...es/000180.html

It's great so far. And huge...very huge.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fugimax

No offense meant but "you lucky bastard!"

Your desktop is so tidy.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fugimax

WOW that thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO kick ass, congrats, i long for the day I can afford one, maybe Martha Stewart can teach me how to turn 200$ into $4000 in a couple of days...
  • Reply 26 of 31
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Question to any one who has seen it - Is the 30 incher overkill, seems to me it would be too big for its own good.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    I just watched a DVD on this thing...holy crap. Amazing. O_o

I also find it extremely easy to get lost in an iTunes visualization.

The only "problem" I have so far is trying to find a good 1920x1200 wallpaper.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fugimax The only "problem" I have so far is trying to find a good 1920x1200 wallpaper.

Waaaah...cry me a river!

Nice problem to have, ain't it?
  • Reply 29 of 31
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Seriously, though...I really think Apple nailed this one. They're going to sell TONS of them. And don't laugh, but partly for a very simple, silly reason:

they FINALLY have a display that matches/looks right sitting next to their pro towers AND the pro laptops.

At one point you had glossy, curvy towers with clear accents and matching displays...and Titanium laptops, all straight and hard-edged.

Then new G5 towers and PowerBooks in aluminum...with glossy, rounded displays with clear accents (looking a bit dated and "old school" by the time 2004 rolled around).

Now...well. You got aluminum towers AND PowerBooks. And displays that look really, really slick sitting beside either one.

Apple is going to sell the hell out of these for all kinds of reasons, but you can't discount what I say above.

That's a really nice display there, fugimax! Looks awesome, sitting there with your PowerBook. Which version of the 15" PowerBook do you have: 64 or 128MB graphics? Just curious...
  • Reply 30 of 31
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    If the new iMac looks like the new Cinema Displays, only thicker in the back, the iMacs are going to sell like no tomorrow...Looking at the pictures kind of gives me conceptually what the new iMac will look like.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    I have the 15" with the 64mb of video ram. It seems to be running the 23" + the 15" pretty well. It does seem like there is some strain driving both displays...but my G5 is coming soon...so no worry.