Are Mac users smarter than PC users?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/35130.html

Quote:

Overall, the results are pretty clear: Mac users might not actually be smarter than PC users, but they certainly use better English and a larger vocabulary to express more complex thinking.

Yes, indeed Mac users are more stylish and these traits manifest in areas far beyond computing.

Perhaps the next switch campaign should focus on PC users moving to Mac to better themselves and not just their computing environment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I´m not that sure. Someone here once tried to repair his HD with a microwave oven.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    just b-cuz yur 'puter gots a fruty logo and arz havs for culurd bocses dont mene that our skool techerz didnt learn us good.

dont sterio tipe! that ain't fare, durn it, it just aint fair.

Momma n' dad didnt by hookt on fonicks, But I kan stil rite with this windoz thingy, Thanx to bil gaytz.

• Reply 3 of 32
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I just checked. Microsoft Word STILL insists that the only way to spell internet is with a capital i. Its been that way since 98 up to and including 2004.

On a related note have anyone checked out Mike Matas new app? Pretty spiffy IYAM
  • Reply 4 of 32
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

On a related note have anyone checked out Mike Matas new app? Pretty spiffy IYAM

• Reply 5 of 32
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Yes Mike is doing some impressive stuff. He embodies the Mac user spirit. Can't wait to see what Delicious Monster has for us. The cataloging apps sounds very interesting. I wonder if it'll be net enabled.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Macs don't make people smarter, but the people that choose to use macs are smarter
  • Reply 7 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by psgamer0921

Macs don't make people smarter, but the people that choose to use macs are smarter

Mac users tend to be better educated, but I don't think it means anything, plenty of educated and smart people use windows, Intelligence has nothing to do with it, it is a creative tool, many creative people are smart as an extension of their creativity, others are creative as an extension of their intelligence and intellect.

It is a left brain vs. right brain thing for the most part.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:

just b-cuz yur 'puter gots a fruty logo and arz havs for culurd bocses dont mene that our skool techerz didnt learn us good.

Momma n' dad didnt by hookt on fonicks, But I kan stil rite with this windoz thingy, Thanx to bil gaytz.

good thing he didn't do the test on apple insider's comments... LOL rating for comments: below pre-school
  • Reply 9 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

good thing he didn't do the test on apple insider's comments... LOL rating for comments: below pre-school

I was going for Cletus from The Simpsons, looks like I missed.

DOH'
  • Reply 10 of 32
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    macs are expensive. the majority of mac users tend to be from middle class/upper class. can afford better education.

not surprising
  • Reply 11 of 32
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Here's how I look at it...

Whether you start off smart or not, a PC will force you to become smarter through trials of complexity and adversity.

Y'know... "that which does not kill you" and all...

The Mac on the other hand being so friendly and so serene allows to remain *blissfully ignorant* all the days of your life...

Cheers!

C.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I say mac people have better common sense. Just today I found out this girl who owned an ipod for 4 months just learned to adjust the volume. She also said windows is alot easier then Mac.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

I say mac people have better common sense. Just today I found out this girl who owned an ipod for 4 months just learned to adjust the volume. She also said windows is alot easier then Mac.

Isolated ignorance is everywhere, A girl I went to school with had an iBook, I asked her if it had airport extream, she said whats that? i told her, and she said yea it has the card thingy in it but I don't know how to turn it on.

NO JOKE

but her ipod was full and she knew how to adjust the volume...I think...

moral of the story, even macs arent blond-proof
  • Reply 14 of 32
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by apple_a_day

moral of the story, even macs arent blond-proof

but are they aggie-proof...??
  • Reply 15 of 32
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Are BMW drivers smarter? No. But they are usually old enough (not to mention the cash) to afford one.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    What I hear from people about we use Mac because we are too dumb to understand computer stuff.....

What these people forgot to mention is that we are too lazy to do trouble shooting
  • Reply 17 of 32
    I am not so sure that Mac users are smarter.... I keep hearing my wife mumble "Stupid stupid man."
  • Reply 18 of 32
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    You tell me!

_thedustin
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

You don't realise how hard your post is to read and follow for a non-American.

I got it, once I said it in my head with an American accent. m.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Yes. Much, much smarter.

We're also cleaner, more physically attractive, better in bed and we smell nicer than them.