Digital ID Photography Solution?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm looking to set-up a digital camera and iBook for taking picture IDs. Ideally, I'd like to just capture pictures in iPhoto so that I could then enter the subjects names. However, several digital cameras I've used disconnect from the computer once in "camera mode."

Does anyone know of a solution for this? I know there's Windows software that makes this easy, but that's no fun.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    You might be using the wrong app to get what you want. Why not try iChat. There you can take lots of snapshots and not have to reattach the camera. I have mine set up to save to the desktop but you could make a new folder and set up your background for the photos.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 2
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I agree, you are trying to use the wrong app. I'd try searching Version Tracker.

With some cameras you can run software that lets you operate the camera from the computer. Canon does this. I've used it with my EOS Digital Rebel. It is not real fast but it works as this camera only has USB.

With this software you set up the shot then click a button in the computer software to take the picture and download it. You could probably attach a script to that folder which would be activated by the presence of a new image and send it on to iPhoto (or whatever you like).

Check for software supplied by the camera manufacturer. Also try checking discussion boards dedicated to cameras.