Here's Steve -Newsweek Cover!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Now bring forth the complaining... no color screen? Who cares? Details to come I guess.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    The color screen takes up the entire back side.

The real Newsweek cover:

• Reply 2 of 16
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I LOVE IT
  • Reply 3 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Now bring forth the complaining... no color screen? Who cares? Details to come I guess.

old news. check other threads.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    I guess steve doesn't use the remote...

Lets just hope it still works with the new ipod.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Now bring forth the complaining... no color screen?

Maybe this is one of the reasons why. Apparently they're not in mass production just yet.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Note the reorganizing of the menus, which includes quicker access to the shuffle option. Of course I assume it's completely customizable. Otherwise, the only thing that will make me want to buy a new one is larger capacity vs. pricing. My 40 is too small. If I can get a 60 for $500, and have the benefit of the new scroll wheel and software improvements, I will.

It amazes me that people can have so much music. The ipod was truly made for you!

I could fit 1.5 times of my music collection on an ipod mini. haha
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

It amazes me that people can have so much music. The ipod was truly made for you!

I could fit 1.5 times of my music collection on an ipod mini. haha

I've been waiting for this since I filled up my 15 gigger a few months back...joy of all joys!!
  • Reply 8 of 16
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    So there is a "Music"-menu that wasn't there before. Since the iPod is about music, there shouldn't be the need for a Music-menu at all, unless they are preparing for other menus like - "Photos", "Videos" etc...

Interesting
  • Reply 9 of 16
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tryd

So there is a "Music"-menu that wasn't there before. Since the iPod is about music, there shouldn't be the need for a Music-menu at all, unless they are preparing for other menus like - "Photos", "Videos" etc...

Interesting

Or calendars, To-Dos and games.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Anyone else notice that in the Newsweek article, where Steve is pictured with Alicia Keys, he is using a Windows-based notebook to shop the iTunes Store? Check it out -

Also, since the 4G iPods eliminate the 15GB model, does that mean that now only the 40GB model comes with the dock and remote? Or will the 20GB model continue carrying those accessories?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    No info published yet on whether the dock will be included in the 20GB model. Tomorrow, Apple will post all the info and posssibly a new software update and then we'll know. (You knew that didn't you?)
  • Reply 12 of 16
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:

(You knew that didn't you?)

Yes, of course. I was more thinking out-loud than asking a question. The anticipation of purchasing my first iPod has clouded my otherwise clear thinking
  • Reply 13 of 16
    DanMacMan,

Sorry. I really shouldn't have said that. Here's some more info courtesy of The MacObserver:

Quote:

TMO Reports - New iPod Features: 12 Hour Battery, Lower Prices; Goodbye 15GB

by Brad Gibson, 7:00 AM CDT, July 18th, 2004

Further details of the new white iPod, to be officially announced by Apple Monday, have surfaced through a sidebar story accompanying Newsweek magazines feature article on Apple CEO Steve Jobs and the iPod phenomenon.

Key features of the new iPod are:

- 50% improvement in battery life to 12 hours from the current eight through better power conservation.

- A click wheel identical in design and functionality to that of the iPod mini

- A thinner iPod by one millimeter.

- More efficient menus, so there's less thumbing through to get to content.

- New ability to create multiple playlists and delete songs from them.

- Variable speed control to listen to content faster or slower.

- No new hard drive sizes, but lower prices. The 20GB will now cost US$299 from $399 and the 40GB model will cost $399 from $499. The 15GB is being phased out.

• Reply 14 of 16
    I read somewhere that the talking books on the new iPod can be sped up without the pitch changing so perhaps the same with music?