How about when the staff goes on vacation

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
They leave someone in charge of the news desk. The best scoop of the year is going down and AppleInsider has been missing since Wednesday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

They leave someone in charge of the news desk. The best scoop of the year is going down and AppleInsider has been missing since Wednesday.

What scoop ?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Apple handled that nicely to a mainstream magazine that in return tells its readers that this isn´t anything to write home about. No scoop anywhere, just a well placed feature in a magazine.

Besides even if I think the iPod has finally matured enough to be invited into my home basically there is nothing special about this update.The iPod is moving towards perfection and today it went from 95% to 98% IMO. Nothing groundbreaking.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Thanks Anders, the update of the Ipod is not really a scoop. Futhermore, AI announced the fourth generation Ipod some weeks ago.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Thanks Anders, the update of the Ipod is not really a scoop. Futhermore, AI announced the fourth generation Ipod some weeks ago.

Yes, 10 days ago AI said September.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=541

If the 4G iPod story isn't worth the front page then I am very confused as to the point of the front page. Future Hardware has had many many running debates on the 4G iPod, The front page has made comments in the past about them, and now it is a non-story, am I understanding that correctly?

Please, don't play me for a foul. I hang out on the Web for fun and this has been a favorite spot of mine since before I actually registerd here.

You can pass the bull off on the kids, maybe even my 6 kids, but please.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    What bull? AI didn't get the scoop, so why all the hububb about posting an article about someone else's article that the AI writers are reading at the same time you are? I'm glad AI hasn't yet regurgitated what these original sources have already said. I'd rather they either follow up with more info, commentary or something more to add. It's been, what, a day? A Sunday at that. Kasper and Katie could be at the beach house for all we know.